18|Risk it

Bia had been completely consumed by the work Aaron had dumped on her. That devil ensured that Bia didn't have any time to even breathe. Every single day he would take it upon himself to point out faults in the innovative strategies that Bia would recommend. It was like he was hell bent on opposing her. She had always known that they had a totally different thought process but the amount of work shoved onto her shoulders and the demand for annotated documents explaining her strategies felt like a personal vendetta against her.

Even though he was not present in person in those conferences, he did not miss a chance to attend them virtually. Moreover, he would ensure that his personal assistant emailed her all the documents with the details of the new tenders that he signed. He was making her work day and night as a form of revenge since she now held those 40% shares. Though there were times when she liked it and wanted that power and involvement,  at other times she felt like it was more than what she could chew. As much as she hated Aaron, she couldn't help but admire his conviction and passion for business, his foresight, his vision and clarity. The man was truly a prodigy as he was dubbed by the media. 

Reading his comments on the annotated document she had emailed his PA a week ago made her feel like a dumb student. Her entire document was inked in red, with him pointing out problems and loopholes and it irked her tremendously. Though there were few impressive points raised by him, she felt like he deliberately countered every recommendation of hers just for the sake of an opposition. So, she addressed all her concerns in another email appreciating his insight simultaneously providing valid rebuttals. Her entire day went by checking her mails, replying to most of them and then getting down again to check the progress of her team mates. 

"Bia wassup? Damn you look tired!" Samatha shrieked through the screen of the phone.

"Yes I am drained. What about you Sam?" She enquired exhausted.

"I'm great and I have a great news to give you!" 

"What?"

"I got my first break as a supermodel with Dior"

"Oh my God, I'm so happy for you Sam!!! It's great news. I can't wait to hug you! Dammit! It's the best news I've heard in so long." 

"Also, I got offered a cameo role in the new movie Risk it which has Robert Downey Jr.,  Dwayne Johnson and Kate Winslet," she gushed, causing Bia to shriek in excitement.

"Holy shit Sam! This is so cool, man! I wish I could be there. I would love to take their autographs. When are you shooting? Can I come to just see it?" 

"Sure you can, I'll tell you when the dates are finalized." They both gushed over the actors Sam would get to work with. Bia couldn't be more happy for Sam. They both had a huge crush on Dwayne Johnson while growing up watching him wrestle and then transition into acting. 

"Bia has the date for your marriage been finalized?"

"What?!?! No?! I don't think so. We just got engaged Sam."

"It's been over four months since your engagement. Have you gotten to know Rahim better?"

"Why are you sounding like my mother? Well we barely have talked these past months. We both are so busy." She whined.

"Woman! You should at least get to know him better, interact with him as often as possible because I don't think your parents are going to stretch this courtship period."

"I know man, but it's extremely difficult. The time difference is a bigger issue than our busy schedule. After retrieving the shares of my company I've barely had time to give to myself than to someone else. I'm burnt out Sam. "