33 RING

5 YEARS LATER

I was occupied by these papers I have to read when I heard a knock, "come in," it was my secretary Cena.

"Ms. Morris, here are the reports you requested," she said, handing me a large stack of folders."Thank you very much, Cena; I'm leaving early today so you may go home early.""Thank you, Ms. Morris."

I leaned my back against my swivel chair and took the picture frame sitting on my table, "I miss you so much, baby."

"I miss you so badly, baby," I said as I leaned against my swivel chair and pulled the picture frame from my table.

It's been five years since I made the decision to leave Dark for my happiness. Leaving him was the most difficult thing I've ever done, but I had to. This time, I have to live for myself.I loved too much that I forgot about myself. I needed space to start something new, to find myself again. Things can't continue like this; I can't love anyone else unless I first love myself first. 

In the last five years, a lot has changed, and I am much better now.

Trying to start from scratch was quite difficult at first. I flew to this foreign country, knowing no one and trying to keep my identity hidden so Dark wouldn't find me. 

Find me? Why would he do that when he has my sister in his arms? I am still delusional that one day he would search for me but that's all in the past now, I've fully moved on.

I have found myself here in Singapore and in my stay here for the past five years, and I can say it's my second home already. This place witnessed how I struggled to stand up on my feet again and how I have changed to be a better person.

My escape and hiding from Dark was not planned, but an opportunity came and I don't want to let go so I packed only the things I needed and booked a ticket to whatever flight is available at that moment.

All these were possible with Ethan's help who helped me escape the hospital unnoticeable and untraced by anyone.

We parted ways in the airport, Ethan had to cover up for me as my per request to make sure no one found me. 

Ethan refused at first fearing that I wouldn't be able to handle things on my own, but eventually agreed. When I left New York, I cut out all ties I have with everyone, including my family, but I told Ethan to inform them that I was safe and healthy.

I didn't have much with me, and it was difficult to make a living, especially when you're...

Despite my situation, Azuls Company was one of the many firms I applied to, and they accepted me and gave me an opportunity to prove myself, and here I am now. After a lot of hard work and effort, I've finally earned my own.

I closed the folder I was reading and checked my watch; it was 4:00 p.m., and I had decided to leave early for a special day. Today is a really important day for me, as I share it with someone I really love.

There was no traffic so my drive time didn't take too long, it took around 30 minutes to the house I am living. I bought this house 2 years ago after I was able to save up some money. 

Money isn't easy to earn here in Singapore, the cost of living is expensive but I am fortunate enough to be able to make decent pay here.

I parked my car and walked right up to the front door, where I was met with some party poppers and a handwritten poster that read, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!"

--------------------------------------------

FULL CHAPTER NOW AVAILABLE IN HINOVEL AND NOVA!

GO CHECK IT OUR NOW!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT, PATIENCE, AND LOVE!<33

PLS DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A VOTE AND SHARE, I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!<33