32

"It seems you have one friend left with no one to get to her." Elissia greeted him. I looked at Peter, as if to find an answer, but he just nodded. Peter slowly rose, standing at my height, eyeing Elissia in the eye.

"No one to get to her, huh?" He began to rise, floating over us, then in a second, flew out. Elissia grinned, as if one obstacle was out of her way.

"Alone again, Quinn, isn't it peaceful?" Her voice glided smoothly over each word, as if it was black glass. My eyes narrowed to her, a sensation occurring in my body. "Now, let's finish what is to be done." She swirled her hands, creating a thick flame of black fire that slowly grew larger. As it reached a potential size, she threw it at me. I quickly dodged it, as if a second impulse. The sensation I felt had grown, like the fire, until it had evolved. I felt a tingling in my hands, and faced them at Elissia, who was now circling me. I couldn't hurt her, but the least I could to was stall time. A light erupted from my palms, shooting at Elissia, who had froze in place. She fell back, hitting the solid ground with a bang, just as Peter had arrived, Ana beside him.

"I got her!" He called out, running up to meet me. Ana dashed over, grinning like a jester. They saw Elissia, who had just made it up, and was now standing.

"We're all here now." My voice trembled with a new excitement. "So, would like me to do the honors?" I briskly walked over, a newfound power inside me. My sword was unsheathed now, in my right hands. Elissia now looked like a criminal, and not dark royalty. Her black hair was in mats, small strands of grey spotted. Wrinkles had barely touched her face, looking like she had sleepless nights. But her eyes kept the same black that was used to provide fear and hope at the same time, capable of both, but easily chose the worst. She put her hands up, as if to surrender.

"Please, please! I beg of you!" She began to cry out.

"Quinn, what are you doing?" His smile had faded now, staring at me with a puzzled expression.

"She killed your father." Ana quickly muttered.

"What I am doing is not what could be done, but what should be done." I replied, my eyes scanning over the ruins. "Now listen, Elissia, I know how banishment work. They never end well. But I can make a deal with you."

"Well? What is it?" Elissia briskly spoke.

"I could kill you now, as you know, and fulfill the prophecy. Or, I could curse you to live in the ruins until time is ready for you to complete your story."

"How do you know I have another story?"

"I could tell you after you make up your mind." I didn't think before I spoke. She quickly sighed, hesitating from the answer.

"Fine. I accept our deal." She shook my hand, causing a rippling effect to fall through me. Her cold eyes seemed to laugh at me through her blank face.

"Well, then," She smirked. "A deal is a deal." She vaporized into thin air, her features dissappearing. Peter touched my shoulder. I turned back to look at an emotionless Ana, and a frustrated Peter Pan.

"Why didn't you kill her?!" His voice began to rise.

"She didn't deserve it." I looked him in the eye, my heart steadying to a normal pace.

"What do you mean, 'she didn't deserve it'?"

"I mean, her eyes. They spoke everything that was coming to her if I killed her."

"And what did they show now?"

"Barely, but a hint of relief."

"How do you know she is here?" Ana quietly whispered, now regaining her stance in the group. She had a tint of fear in her eyes, but showed none on the outside.

"A piece of a deal, set by magic." I replied, looking at the red hooded girl.

"But, she didn't drop the curse."

"You heroes and your impossibly good hearts." Peter murmured to himself.
***

I rushed back to my kingdom, finding a small hint of fear as the sleeping grounds were the same as before. All I waited for was relief to wash over me and tell me this was all a dream. The kingdom and the whole area was in a slumber, deeply dreaming away the days. A storm blew overhead, rain slightly scattering mud filled puddles. Thunder groaned in the deep purple sky. I found my eyes set on the castle, a crying sensation pulling over me. I quickly pulled away from the ogre snot on the ground and guards asleep with their swords in their holders. Small whimpers pulled over the fields from multiple soldiers. I raced toward the castle, suspense awaiting me. The whole court was asleep, as I rummaged through the halls, checking every room.

It seemed as if the curse was not released, and we were caught between the barriers of magic and fairy tales once more. We knew another adventure was about to begin.