9

After waking up, I felt very uncomfortable. I bolted upward, forgetting where I was. I looked around the area, noticing the morning sun that shone on the glistening water. Forest covered to the far right of the little place.

"Oh good your up." Peter moaned. He stood up from his perch on the rock. I shook my head furiously, trying to remember what happened.

"Can you you be on watch duty?"

"Sure." I stood up and walked to his seat. The rock felt oddly warm. I stared over the picturesque scene, developing art ideas in my head. Then I hummed my Mother's cradle lullaby.

Daylight, sunshine

Singing in the moonlight.

Whisper, baby.

Fall asleep tonight.

Tucked in.

Eyes close.

Sleeping in the night.

Drift off,

Far off.

Fall asleep tonight.

I yawned, my head fell against the edge of our cave.

My eyes opened, and realized I hit the hot sun. It was about noon, so I supposed. Peter snored loudly, but Ana wasn't in her spot.

"Ana?!" I yelled, trying not to wake the slumbering boy. "Ana?!" My shout turned into a scream. The echo bounced off the walls, and hit outside.

"Please don't yell. You'll wake Peter!" The girl got up from the beach. Her black hair was glittering from her bath. She slipped on her dress over her wet underclothes.

"Why were you in there?" Clearly speaking before I think.

"We smell. I decided to take a bath. The army will find us if we smell rotten. You'd be surprised how clean they are." She threw her red cloak over her head, and adjusted her belt. I knew she meant Peter when she said "we". I had gotten freshened up yesterday.

"We crossed the border yesterday when you fell." She informed me.

"Where are we?"

"Neverland."

"What is going on?" Peter stood up, drowsily. He stretched, putting his arms in the air, and yawned.

"We're in Neverland, Peter." I whispered.

"What?" He looked dazed, then his expression turned to shock. His eyes opened wide. "No, no, no." He paced around the small area, muttering those words.

"What's wrong Peter?" Ana asked with pure concern.

"About, what time is it?" He asked me, walking over.

"Um..." I hesitated. "Around noon, I believe." Then the nervous boy ran straight outside the cave. He looked at us.

"He's coming." Peter whispered, pulling me and Ana back.

"Who?" We both questioned him.

"Hook. His daily routine. He comes to the cliff every high noon. I told him treasure was here long ago. I knew it was a bad place to hide." Peter ran and hid near the far edge of the cave. "He can sense me."

"What?!" Ana whispered, trying to be silent.

"It's the Lost Boys smell. The strange essance smells like mud, pine, and fresh salt water." I never realized he smelled. After all, the first time I met him, he flew in the window with such speed, I couldn't smell him.