015

❀

           WAS I tired? Very much so. Was I going to sit down on this very steep hill and give up? Maybe was a option, but the world had never felt so open like it did at this very top of the hill. The sunlight soon dispersed into a cloudy sky as we walked. The sun that everyone loved turned sad. Now the weather didn't cooperate with us as it left me shivering with every step we took. The pain in our muscles as we extended our fingers to feel alive again. Obviously we had survived, yet this feeling inside my body kept me on edge.

For example, take in mind this scenario.

You've been climbing this mountain since the morning or rather yet you wanted to give up but you just couldn't let yourself quit. You climb every obstacle, every rock that was in your way. Your feet ache with the pain against the rough ground even though you had a athletic shoes on. The skin that was once pale was now covered in a a golden brown color. The sweat now falls from your forehead in direction towards your eyes. Once they reach your eyes you squirm at the feeling, while your hands soon find your eyes as you just try to get rid of this peppery yet disturbing feeling. After hours in the sun you finally feel at rest. You seek towards the edge of the mountain as you stare down. A long way down for sure. Now, this is the feeling I'm talking about, the one where you are so close to falling but you know you won't. It's sort of butterflies but I know it's not that. It's the way your mind automatically thinks of the worst possible outcomes. Nonetheless the body is in a constant fight and flight. It's just up to you to choose and that decision will never be easy.

As I look around I notice the odd group that had formed. A lost soldier, a confused grisha, a abandoned daughter, a mind player, a former saint, a unhinged man and a former stray. Each one of us had a distinct characteristics but that didn't matter in this world. What mattered was if you could survive. Me? I barely survived-hell, I barely even met my teen years who knows if I'll meet my future self. Feeling scared was always a option but we decided to rely on our weapons and never think with our heads or yet forth never listen to our hearts. It might sound cheesy but knowing what you want in life would decide your future. In Ravka, all you were worthy there was if you had powers or were a part of the army. Meanwhile in Ketterdam, you just hope you live through it. It wasn't much of a different opinions but I just had to adapt to be here. My thoughts went on and on until a rough male voice distracted me.

"I think it's time for a short break." My head snapped towards the male as I thanked him internally. My body had given up halfway up the cliff as I rapidly fell towards the ground.