030

❀

"WAKE UP!" a scornful voice jolted my body back to reality. My body, what a shameful sight to see. My eyes remained glued shut as reality began to set in. Was I dead? No, it was all a trick as my body laid out flat. All I had to do was open my eyes and yet, I couldn't move. Maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me as I could hear bodies moving around in the room. I could hear my heartbeat thumping in my chest as it clouded my ears. All I had to do was open my eyes.

I could feel a person hovering above my body as they slowly caressed my cheek. I could hear everything and still I couldn't even look at them. Just a simple feeling stabbed me like a couple of knives as I silently listened. Maybe I was dreaming of a place I once lived in. Maybe it was a twisted reality as I played around with the devil. Minutes turned into hours as i finally peered one eye open. I stared at the ceiling for what happened to be a century before I gathered all my strength to pull myself up. A sharp pain erupted within my muscles as I stood up.

The room was decorated in ways only a man would have thought. A ache appeared within my chest as I looked down- there, a gnarly red scar made its was up. My breath hitched as my mind seemed to ignore the events that had happened not only a few hours ago. The clothes I had been wearing were discarded and replaced with freshly new ones, as I could feel the fresh cotton roam my body. I sat there with my shirt lifted up as I winced in horror of what had happened. If only I could have seen the body sitting in the shadows- staring. Maybe only then I would've craved in.

"I swear I'm going to slap-oh good you're awake" my eyes darted towards the person climbing down the stairs. I noticed how her eyes look at my pulled-up shirt which contained a hidden mark.

"can you tell me what happened" I merely whispered as I fully sat up. A squeaky noise came from a corner of a room as a tall man approached my body. He stood there with this unforgettable smile and his eyes full of surprise.

"It's better we take it slow Kaz" Nina reached out towards me as she stood right beside me.

"You died" the man called out as he looked at Nina. He slowly turned his back on me as he began to ascend the stairs. "Sorry for not throwing you a funeral"

I scoffed as I looked back at Nina who seemed to be fuming. She had her arms resting on top of each other as she waited for the door to close. It didn't take long for a small click to be heard as she faced me once again. She had lifted my shirt to observe the freshly closed wound as she narrowed her eyes. I could tell she had millions on thoughts running through her mind as she sighed.

"don't think I don't appreciate what you did Nina" I told her as her perfume filled my nostrils from the closeness.

"It's not that Sage, I'm just thinking of how I should've taken Zoya's help when I was training. I mean you barely made it and Inej is still recovering from what had happened to her. Well technically, she's up and running but still" my mind had snapped at the thought of Inej.