Chapter 2

Chapter 2: (Out of the hospital)

When I got out of the hospital, Chance took me to dinner and then home. We talked most of the time, but I loved hearing his voice. It makes me feel safe inside and out.

When he dropped me off at my house, he came in and met my mom. My dad kinda walked out on us a few months ago. It didn't matter anyway, he would come home drunk and hit my mom and he would sometimes loose control and rape me. My mom would try to stop him, but he would tie her up and make her watch what he would do to me.

All that is behind me now, I am moving forward, forgetting about that jerk I used to call my dad. If he came back and found out I was seeing Chance, he would probably kill me and him. My mom invited him in and they talked. "Ms. Cullen, I would like to ask your permission to date your daughter?"....."That is very sweet of you to ask me, but you are asking the wrong person.". He turned toward me and got down on one knee and asked me "Hailey Cullen will you do the honor of dating me?". I looked at my mom with surprise then answered "Of course I will!!!!"

I walked him out to his car and before he got in he leaned in for another kiss. I went in and we kissed each other until he had to pull away to go home. Before he got in he told me "Bye, I love you!"....so surprised all I could do was say it back. "Bye I love you to."

He drove off and I went inside with my mom. She asked me if I was making the right choice by dating him. "Of course I am mom. I wouldn't have said yes if I didn't mean it." "Ok ok I'm just making sure.". I walked up to my bedroom and shut my door. I jumped on my bed and was thinking about Chance. I'm sure he was thinking of me.

Before I went to bed I took a shower, brushed my teeth, and went to bed. I got comfortable and fell asleep. I realized that I was dreaming about him the whole night!