You are a nightmare

A/N: Sexual references throughout - 18+ / And some mild references to violence at the very end

**

The next few weeks passed in a blur, merging into months. Frankie and Bucky had retreated into their own bubble as they enjoyed that honeymoon period you have early on in a relationship – dates, quality time together, getting to know each other...sex. So much sex.

They had never explicitly discussed their relationship status and there was no formal conversation about what they were to each other - it just happened naturally. Easily. They gravitated towards each other. After they slept together for that first time, there had never been a question of 'what they were'. They both just knew. 

They'd go out for dinner and be the last table left as they talked the evenings away, the servers closing up for the night around them. They'd take long walks in the park together, flopping down onto the grass and holding hands as they watched the world go by. Frankie liked to introduce Bucky to all the twenty first century had to offer (and what he'd missed from the twentieth) – they'd tried laser tag (Bucky was a natural of course), nightclubs, a silent disco once, escape rooms, bottomless brunches (although endless mimosas were lost on Bucky, the serum in his veins meant getting tipsy was a distant memory).

One night Bucky took Frankie to a forties themed night at a ballroom, they'd both dressed up for the occasion and danced the night away to a live band. Frankie thought Bucky looked so handsome in his throwback getup, and she made an effort with her stockings (although Bucky pointed out they probably would've been donated to make parachutes if they were being historically accurate). He was ecstatic to hear his favourite songs again, and Frankie took great joy in watching his face light up and tell her about the old days. She also felt sad that this had been ripped away from him the first time around.

He'd come by the garage sometimes with lunch or coffees, striking up casual friendships with Dan and the other staff. Freddie was civil but still quite cold to him. Still, they'd take what they could get.

They couldn't keep their hands off each other, marking every spot in both their apartments with some sort of unsavoury act. Sometimes Bucky would 'help' Frankie close up the shop after everyone had gone home, and then he'd bend her over the bonnet of a car, her fingers scraping along the windscreen as she begged him to take her.

They'd once done it against a tree in Central Park on a quiet Wednesday afternoon, Bucky's metal fingers clasped over Frankie's mouth to silence her moans while she wrapped her legs around his waist and felt her head slam against the bark with every thrust. She'd managed to get a splinter from that one.

One morning Mrs. Henshaw from number three had knocked on Bucky's door checking everything was alright, because she could've sworn she heard some sort of animal noises coming from his apartment last night – as Frankie stood out of view a few feet away, stifling her laughter with the back of her hand.

Frankie liked to make use of Bucky's enhanced abilities too. They'd done a few more of the jumps she loved so much from higher and higher distances. Bucky would also effortlessly carry her throughout both of their apartments, making her squeal as he lifted and launched her on and off the bed. They'd drive out of the city to deserted spots and Frankie would get a head start, sprinting into the distance. Then Bucky would track her down, chasing her and always eventually catching her. She never managed to best him, but she liked to try.

Once she was fleeing through a patch of woods, her heart pounding and her adrenaline soaring as she knew he was close. She ducked behind a tree and tried to spot him, her eyes searching across the landscape. Then she heard the unmistakeable sound of a twig snap in the distance behind her, so took a chance and darted into a clearing in the opposite direction. A second later she realised she was falling, a pair of unseen arms had grabbed her and pulled her to the ground in the blink of an eye. Hunted. She lay flat on her back panting underneath Bucky, feeling animalistic and feral, overwhelmed with endorphins and subsequent arousal. 'Gotcha' he whispered, ripping open her jacket and ravishing her trembling body.