Thirteen

I walk outside to join our friends and my brothers as Zendaya stays inside to fix herself up after the punishment I gave her. I can't believe she kept that from me. Should I have even told her about that dream? I wish I hadn't, maybe then all this time she was avoiding me could have been spent with me holding her.

At the same time, I guess it was a good thing. Now I know where she stands in the relationship.

I shake the thoughts away as I look over at Mckayla who is sitting on Jacob's shoulders. The four of them were playing Chicken while waiting for Zendaya and I. I can't help but chuckle as Mckayla and Elena struggle to both knock one another off and stay on their boyfriends shoulders at the same time. I look back as the door shuts behind me. Zendaya forces a smil at me shyly and then looks at our other friends.

"What are they doing?" Zendaya laughs, standing beside me.

"Definitely not what we were," I nudged her shoulder with mine teasingly. She blushes and looks away from me quickly. "They are playing chicken."

"I've never played that before." She says, watching them intensely. Elena falls into the water and comes back up laughing. Once she looks over in our direction, Zendaya and I begin to walk over to them. I sit on the edge and put my feet in to get accumulated to the water's temperature.

"Took you both long enough," Sam says with a smirk.

McKayla looks between Z and I and gasps, "Ya'll fucked didn't you?"

Zendaya gets quiet and looks at me, her face turning another shade of red as she looks away from the group entirely for a moment. She looks back at everyone, staying silent. I scratch the back of my head and cough, trying to come up with something to say.

"You did!" Elena squeals, laughing. Sam chuckles, and pulls her close as if to tell her not to embarrass us too much. Jacob eyes me knowingly and shakes his head with a smile.

"Hey! At least we weren't very loud like some people." I tease Sam and Elena. Elena blushes and hides her face in Sam's shoulder as Mckayala snickers.

"Well now that y'all are done.." Jacob changes the subject and looks over at Z, "Did you guys want to play Chicken with us?"

"I'm not really sure how to play." Zendaya answers honestly. She looks at me and tilts her head, "Did you want to play?"

I nod, "I'll teach you, baby. Just climb on my shoulders."

I get into the water with ease, the coolness making me shiver slightly as I reach for Zendaya to get closer to the edge. She sits down, and looks at me in a way that seems to say "now what". I smile and part her legs, as I have done on many occasions, glancing up at her and winking before turning around. I motion for her to hop on, bending my legs a little to make it easier for her.

She giggles softly, situating herself. I wobble playfully, earning another laugh from her as she tries to stay steady. I chuckle and pat her knee before walking us over to our friends. Almost immediately the other two girls are explaining to Zendaya how to play the game.

"Okay, I think I got it." She says confidently. We each move to different parts of the pull before counting to three. Once the numbers were said we all charged to the middle. I try to keep us standing while Zendaya fights to stay on top of me. A few short minutes later, Elena and Zendaya are both in the water and McKayla is claiming victory.

A few rounds later, Zendaya slides off of my shoulders into the water. Water splashes my face as I wipe my eyes. I shake my head moving my hair to one side as water drips from the ends of each strand.

"We need some more White Claw, I'mma head inside. You girls wanna join?" Elena asks as she steps out of the pool. She adjusts her one piece and looks back at Z and Mckayla. The girls nod and head into the house with her. Why do girls always leave together? I will never understand.