Chapter Five- Mark And The Guns

The next morning. I got Ana up and got ready. I showered while Ana stayed downstairs with Mark, Mom, and Jason. After my shower, I went downstairs and saw Jason, Ana, Mark, and my mom eating breakfast. "Good morning, Rose. Take a seat." Mark said. I then sat down beside Mark and Ana. We started eating breakfast. My mom and Mark were always smiling when they were around each other.
"So, Rose. I was wondering if you want to shoot guns with me and, Jason?" He asked. "Sure, I don't know how to," I said. "I'll teach you." He said. After eating I went upstairs and got dressed in a black shirt, light blue ripped jeans, and black and white converse. I put my blonde hair in a ponytail.

I and Jason followed Mark into their bedroom. There was a gun cabinet in the corner of the room. Mark then opened the cabinet,pulled out several guns and rifles, and handed them to us. Mark told us that we were going to shoot cans in the woods behind the house. We then walked down to the woods. Jason and Mark set up the cans and started shooting. After they were done, Mark helped me and taught me. I finally learned how to shoot a gun. Mark was like a father figure. I never had my father around. After an hour, Mark left the woods and went back to the house. I and Jason were left alone.
After we were done we sat down on a log.

"I'm sorry for waking you up last night," Jason said.
"It's fine," I replied. "Why are you so quiet?" I asked.
"I'm not. Ever since my father started dating your mom, I didn't like it." He explained. "Tell me about yourself, Jason," I said. "I'm twenty, I graduated from high school a couple of years back." He said. "That's it?" You're boring." I said. "Fine then. Tell me about yourself?" He asked. "I'm also twenty I have a seven-year-old daughter, Anastasia. I work at Pizza Queen." I said. "Did graduate high school?" He asked. "No, I gave up everything to raise, Ana," I said. "Did you at least get your GED?" He asked. "No". I said. "I started working full time at McDonald's when I was fourteen. It was easier when Jacob was here." I said. "Who's Jacob?" Jason asked. "Ana's father. He died last year." I said. "I'm sorry to hear that," Jason said. "Thank you," I replied.

"I have to work. So do Mark and my mom. If you are free. can you watch, Ana?" I asked. "Yeah, I can do that." He said. "Thank you, I will pay you when I get back," I explained. "There's no need. After all, we are siblings." Jason said. He smiled. It was the first time I had ever seen him smile.

We then made our way back up to the house. Once we got there, I got ready for work, and then mom and Mark left. I left Ana there and then walked to work.

Later my shift was over, and it was dark. Mom picked me up, and when we go, home I went to check on Ana, she was already asleep. I knocked on Jason's room door. He said come in so I walked on, and he was sitting on his bed. "Thank you," I said. "You're welcome." He replied. I then went to bed.