Chapter Sixteen- Bullets

The Next Morning

It was the following day, and it was the best sleep I'd gotten since the apocalypse started. I woke up in bed alone. I used the bathroom and walked into the kitchen, and saw Eddie and Ana at the table. "Power is still on?" I asked. "Yes, I made us some ramen. There's no breakfast food here." Eddie said. "That's fine, thank you," I said. I sat down and started eating. "You know how we're supposed to leave today to go to your house?"Eddie asked. "Yes," I replied. "Maybe we should stay longer," Eddie said. "I want to too. There's heat and power, but we can't.
I don't have many bullets left. What if something happens and we down have any bullets?" I asked. "You're right. I didn't think about that." He said. "How about we go to my house, get the bullets, then come back?" I asked. "That's a good idea, but what about gas? We don't have much." He said.

"There's a shed out back. How about let's take a look in the shed for some gas cans? I know for a fact that there are some at my house, too. There are several cans of gas at our house in the shed." I explained. Eddie's eyes lit up. "That's perfect!" He said loudly. I immediately shushed him. "Sorry." He said. "It's fine," I replied. After we were done eating, Eddie and I went outside while Ana stayed inside. I stood by the door with my gun in my hand ready to shoot while Eddie went into the shed looking for gas cans.

A few minutes later, he came out with two gas cans. Eddie hurried up and ran to the porch and past me inside. Once we were inside, we locked the door and pushed the dresser back in front of it. "They're both full," Eddie whispered in excitement. We set them on the floor and started packing. I put out clean clothes in our bags and filled the duffle bag with canned goods. I was able to charge my phone and my portable charger as well. I put a gallon of water in my backpack, and each of us carried water Ana carried one, while Eddie and I carried two. I carried one in my hand. While Eddie carried two in his hands. Once we reached the car, Eddie went back inside for the gas cans and put them in the trunk.

We were planning to come back today, so we left the backdown and left it unlocked. We all ran to the car and made it there safely. Eddie drove us there. When we got to my house. There were a lot of cars blocking the driveway, and we weren't able to park there. We had to park on the side of the street. Once we got there we ran to the house and entered through the back door. Once inside, Eddie took away the gun from me and went to search the house. Eddie came back and told us the house was clear. I went to my parent's room and started loading our bag with bullets. I then went to the kitchen and tried the lights. The power was out. I went started packing my bag with more canned goods from the cabinet. Once I was down, I went to see Ana and Eddie in the living room on the couch. We were in this home all alone.

"Let's stay here tonight to save gas," Eddie said. "Yeah, we should," I said. I sat down on the couch next to Eddie. "When we were at the house, I found a radio. I messed with it and heard a man say that there was a shelter in Michigan. He gave me this address." Eddie said. He then pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket. "Eddie, you believe that? It's probably a scam. I don't believe it." I explained. "Look, let's try. I'll drive." He said. "Fine," I replied. "It's a deal. Tomorrow we're going to Michigan." He said.

A few minutes later, we heard frantic knocking on the door. We all stayed quiet for a few minutes. It was a woman begging for help. Eddie stood up and started walking towards the door. "Eddie! Don't you dare!" I yelled, "She needs help." He said. "Are you serious?
You can get us killed." I said. "If you open that door! I'll kick you out!" I yelled. "Really? Why are you being so selfish? You saved me, but you won't save her?" He asked. The noises stopped, and the woman was silent. "You're here because you saved my daughter. I owe you my damn life, Eddie. The last time Jason did that. We were almost killed!" Yelled.
"I'm sorry, but I can't risk it," I said. That night we went to bed in my bed.

A/n
Thank you all. This book should be finished by tomorrow.

don't