Chaper Eleven- Hunting For Food

It's been a week since we tried to get food. My leg was healing slowly. It's been a week since we ate, and we ran out of water yesterday. We were starving. I lay on the floor next to Ana where we slept. "Mommy, I'm hungry." Ana cried. Jason then walked through the room. "Rose, come here now." He whispered. I slowly got up and stood up. "I found binoculars." He said. He had a small pair of binoculars in his hand. "Let me see," I said. Before he could say anything else I grabbed them out of his hand and made sure they worked. I gasped in excitement. "We can use them for stuff," I said. I grabbed the gun and walked towards the back of the store to the roof. "Where are going, Mommy?" I heard Ana ask. "Let's go," I said. We all went to the roof. Before we got on the roof, we put something in front of the roof door so we wouldn't get locked outside. I started using the binoculars and saw a bunch of stuff. Dead bodies, zombies, cars. I looked at the car and looked closely at them.

I saw a red sedan parked close to where we were but on the side of the road. I looked at it and saw that the keys were still in the car. They were in the place you put your key. I paused and looked at Jason. "Come here," I whispered. Jason came here and I showed him what I saw. I could see the excitement in his face. We all went back in quietly. As soon as we got in inside I started packing. I put on the book bag and hooked the key clip to the duffel bag like before. I then grabbed the gun and made sure it was loaded. "Rose, wait. Your foot is still healing." He said. "If we don't get food now. We'll die." I said. "Let's plan like last time," I said. "Okay, let's do it," Jason said. "Mommy, I don't want you to leave." She cried. "I have to, I love you, Anastasia," I said.
I and Jason walked to the roof while Ana stayed behind.

Jason threw the ladder down for me. "If I don't come back today. It's because something happened to me. Take care of my daughter for me, Jason." I said. It hurt having to say those words. I then walked down the ladder. As soon as I reached the door. I started fast to that red car. I got to the car. It was unlocked 
and the keys were inside. I got in and locked the doors. I started the car and it had half of the tank left.
I started driving to the convent store. The city was destroyed. Dead bodies, crashed cars, and zombies. I saw some people being attacked by others. A few minutes later I reached the store. There was no one in sight, and I became more nervous. The store was trashed. The windows had been broken, and merchandise on the floor. I started stuffing canned goods in my duffle bag.

Canned fruit, chips, bottled water, ravioli, green beans, corn, sweet peas, and carrots. Once that bag filled up to the rim. I took a gallon of water and stuffed it in my backpack and put it back on. I also carried a gallon of water in my hand. I was about to walk through the door when I heard footsteps and voices. I quickly ran to the back of the store and ran into the employee break room to hide. A few seconds later I heard voices walk into the building. It was a group of humans. I heard a mixture of men and women talking. Their voices were muffled. I waited in the room for about an hour until I couldn't hear the voices any longer.

I left the room with my stuff and went back to the main part of the store. The store was empty, and I noticed that some of the selves were empty. I then raced to the car. Threw the stuff back there and started driving to the clothing store. Once I got there I grabbed what I could out of the car, and ran to the roof. I whispered Jason's name. Jason threw the ladder down. I climbed up the ladder safely. "Can you grab the other gallon of water in the back seat?"
I asked. "Yeah," Jason said. Jason went down the ladder while I pointed the gun in the air. Jason came back up and handed me the car keys. He pulled up the ladder and we grabbed our stuff and went to the roof door. We knocked on the door and Ana opened it.

We walked inside and went to the break room. We sat down and ate some food and drank several cups of water.