Chapter Six- Home Alone When It Started

A few weeks passed, and Jason got comfortable around us. Jason didn't have a job, while I did. He would watch Ana while I went to work. Today was my day off, and we all three stayed home. I was in the living room watching tv when Jason came running down the stairs. He locked all the doors and ran into the living room. "Jason! What the hell!" I yelled. "Give me the remote!" He yelled. He picked up the remote and switched the channel to the news.

He switched the channel, and the news came on. People were screaming, and everybody was running away from each other. People were biting other people. "Everyone stay inside. Do not leave your house unless of an emergency." The newsman spoke. People were still attacking each other, and then the camera cut out. Jason then turned off the tv.
don't 

Ana started crying. I got up and looked out the window, and I saw people running, screaming. I saw a lady running from a man. The man had a bite mark on his neck. He was covered in blood, and his clothes were ripped. She then tripped and fell to the ground. The man then attacked the woman and bit her neck. She started screaming, and other people that looked like the man started to attack the woman. 

I had tears in my eyes and backed away from the window. "Mommy? What's wrong?" Ana cried. "What is it, Rose?" Jason said. I didn't say a word. Jason then went to the window and looked out of it. "Oh, god!" He yelled. "Those are fucking zombies!" He screamed. "Mommy!" Ana screamed. She hid behind my leg. "Stop saying that! Those aren't zombies. Zombies aren't real!" I yelled. "Are you fucking serious? Those are fucking zombies, Rose!" He yelled. "It's okay, Ana," I said. "Call my dad!" Jason yelled at me. I then called Mark. "Rose?" He asked on his end of the phone. "Stay in the house, and get the guns!" He yelled on the other end of the phone. He then hung up. Jason ran to our parent's room, got two rifles, and gave one to me.

We continued to hear the screams. The lights then shut off. The power went out. "Mommy!" Ana screamed. It's okay, Ana," I said. "Let's get upstairs!" Jason yelled. We ran upstairs then we heard a banging on the door

downstairs. Jason and I looked at each other confused. "Stay here," I said to Ana. "Please! Let me in! I promise I'm human!" The man yelled. Jason went downstairs, and I followed behind. Jason
then went to the door and looked threw the door. "Jason! Don't open the door!" I yelled. "I have to!" He yelled.

Jason opened the door while I pointed my gun at the door. An older man walked in. Jason closed and locked the door behind the man. This man looked homeless. He smelled bad. He had dirty clothes and ripped clothes on. He was a white man in his late forties and had messy, greasy brown hair with gray in it. He had a back man on and a gun in his hand. "What's out there, man!" Jason yelled. "Those are fucking zombies. I killed some." He said. Jason and I stayed on the stairs while the man was standing by the door. "Thank you for letting me in." The man said. "You're welcome," Jason said. The man was looking at us and then turned his head to look at the door. When he turned his head. I noticed a large bite wound on his neck. He was bit by a zombie. He was now in our house around my daughter.

Jason looked at me with pure terror on his face. The man paused and continued to look at the door. "Are you okay, man?" Jason asked. The man kept his head turned, continued looking at the door, and ignored Jason. The man started twitching and started making noises. I had my gun pointed at the man. He looked up, and he started growling. His eyes turned a different color. He had his mouth open and started snapping. His mouth was drooling. He looked up and started running up the stairs at Jason.
I shot him a couple of times, and he fell to the ground. I started crying. "Ana! Go to your room!" I yelled. "Why would you let him in? He could've killed my daughter!" I yelled. "I'm sorry, Rose." He said.

"We need to get him outside. He can't be in here." I said. Jason and I put our guns down and dragged the man's body out the back door. We pushed his body off the porch, and he landed on the ground.                                                                                                                                                                                 
We then went back inside and closed the door.
We went upstairs and got Ana. We all went into my room and sat on the bed. "We need a plan. We can't stay here. We have no water and not much food. There's too much chaos out there." I explained. "Why not now?" Jason asked. "There's too much chaos. We do everything to calm down, then we escape. We don't let anyone inside. It doesn't matter who it is. We also need to stay quiet." I explained. "What do we escape in? We can't leave on foot." Jason said.

We didn't have our neither of us had our driver's license or a car. "Your dad's truck!" I yelled in excitement. "Oh, shit! Yes! The keys are downstairs. Do you know how to drive?" Jason asked. "No," I said. "Me neither, but we will have to figure it out," I said. That night all three of us slept in the same bed. Ana slept in the middle, and Jason and I had our guns beside us. The screams continued throughout the night.

A/n

And the good stuff came. Thank you all for the 22 reads. Enjoy.