Chapter Nine- More People

About a week passed and everything was good. We shared our food and ate about once a day. The power was still out and we stayed inside. I woke up next to Ana the next morning. I woke up and Jason was gone so, I let it go. Jason came back a few minutes later. He had a rifle in his hand and was pacing back and forth talking to himself. "What's wrong, Jason?" I asked. "I can't take it, Rosellie! I want to leave!" He yelled. "Calm down, and stop yelling. Breathe, Jason." I said. Jason calmed down and sat down on the ground next to Ana and me.

"What do you mean you want to leave?" I asked. "Are we going to stay here forever? I just want this to stop." He spoke. "It's okay. Calm down." I said. I hugged Jason and comfort him. I had never seen Jason act like that.

"Rose was low on food. If we don't get food we will die." Jason said. "I know," I said still hugging him.
"I say let's see what's on the roof." He said. "Really? It's a roof. There's nothing up there." I explained. "Let's just see," Jason said. "Fine," I said. I got up and all three of us followed Jason to the back of the store. All of us walked up the staircase where the roof door was. Jason was in the front, I was in the middle and, Ana was in the back. We had our guns ready to shoot. Jason pushed the door open and walked onto the roof while I and Ana stayed behind.

I stepped on the roof and walked outside. It was a regular roof. Nothing important. We could see the view far anyway. We heard the zombies nearby and stayed quiet. All of a sudden we heard talking. Humans talking. I and Jason looked at each other in fear. We stayed quiet. We stood there for a few minutes in silence and the voices got closer. I didn't want anyone to hear us even though they were humans. I looked down and saw a group of men and women walking. They had guns in their hands and had on black clothing, piercings, and tattoos. "You guys, maybe we shouldn't kill humans too, just the zombies." I heard one of the men say. "Yeah, but we need to survive." I heard one of the women say. "Maybe we should break into this store. To see what we can find." I heard one of the men say. "No way, it's a waste of time. That's a clothing store." I heard one of the women say. I and Jason stood there in silence, hoping they don't see us. After we watched them walk away, far away we walked inside.

We all made sure the door was shut and walked down the flight of stairs. "What the hell Rose!" He yelled. "What? Stop fucking yelling. Keep your damn voice down." I Said. "Why didn't you say anything?" He said. "What are you talking about? Did you hear what they said? They said they're killing humans. Imagine what would've happened if they saw us? They are not helping people. They're killing every living thing they see. Did you see the way they looked? They're bad people. Stop being so fucking naive, Jason." I Explained. "You know. You shouldn't be judging other people. Just because they have tattoos doesn't mean anything." Jason said. "Stop acting unmatured. This isn't a joke! This isn't something you see on tv. There are zombies out there. Do you want to live or not, Jason?" I asked. "Whatever. You're taking the situation too seriously." Jason said.

"Wow, you tell me not to judge them because they have tattoos, but remember at our parent's wedding? You called me a slut for being a teen mom. Okay, Jason, okay." I explained. I then walked away with Ana to the front of the store. Jason made me mad.

A/n
Hey, thank you for 40 reads in a week. I really appreciate it. Please like and comment.
I'll try to post 5 days a week. On the weekends I probably won't post. I'm also thinking about writing another story about ghosts. I'm not sure yet, but I'll let y'all know. For updates please read my updates called Manae's, announcements, and more. Anyway, love, Manae. 🥰❤️