Chapter Thirteen- My Daughter

It's been four months since the apocalypse happened, and three months since Jason died. The power was still out, and we were drinking rainwater. We didn't have a choice. We need more food and water. We got dressed. I got dressed in my black booties, pink shirt, and blue jean shorts. We needed to go out. It was going to be harder for us to get to safety. I packed our duffle bags and went. Before we left the roof we put something between the door so we don't get locked out. I also had to leave the ladder rope so we could get back inside. We then ran to the car and drove away. Once we got to the convenience store we went in. It was quiet and empty. There was broken glass all over the store, merchandise on the floor, and there was no door to the opening. Somebody drove their car into the store.

I started stuffing canned goods in the duffle bag. Ravioli, corn, carrots, tuna fish, beets, sweet peas, and, green beans. I then put a gallon of water in my backpack and one in Ana's bag as well. Ana carried another gallon of water, and in total, we had three we got the car and drove up. We got back to the clothing store we were staying at and got out of the car carrying our stuff. I was the gun and the keys in my pocket.
I had on my backpack and the duffle bag clipped to the backpack. I had Ana's backpack across my chest.

I couldn't carry Ana. She had to walk. We started climbing up the ladder, with Ana behind me. I started hearing the zombies behind us. "Ana, hurry!" I yelled. I got to the roof and looked behind me and Ana wasn't there. There was a group of zombies behind me at the bottom of the ladder. "Ana! Ana!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I was sobbing screaming Ana's name. I then pulled the ladder up.
I sat on the roof sobbing. My daughter was gone.

Hello, thanks for reading. There will be a few chapters left. I think there will be seventeen chapters in total but will have to see. Thank you. Oh, and don't forget that, there will be a second book coming summer of 2022. I have a new story coming out in the summer of 2022 as well.