Chapter Fourteen- Edward And Anastasia

It had been 2 weeks since Ana went missing. I never found her. She was gone. I blamed myself because I went up the ladder first. She was my daughter. I should be protected her. This was my fault. I was alone. I was the only one alive. I didn't see the point of living. I wanted to die. I thought about my options. Maybe I should kill shot myself or maybe I should climb down the ladder and scream as loud as I can so the zombies can get me.

I woke up on the floor of the building, alone. I went outside to the roof and left the door open. I was using binoculars to see if I could see Ana. I then heard a group of zombies. I used the binoculars and saw a group of zombies running after something.
I looked to above and saw a black man and a little girl on his back. They were running towards the building. The man was dirty and had a brown wooden baseball bat in his hand. I looked at the little girl and she was a white little girl with brown hair and front bangs. Then I realized something. The little girl was my daughter. Anastasia.

I felt shocked. Immediately I stayed crying. I put the binoculars down and saw the man and Ana running towards where I was. "Ana! Look up! Look up!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I let down the ladder and the man looked up and started coming up the ladder. The zombies chased up the ladder behind him. I started shooting them and then one of the zombies grabbed the man's foot. I Ana started screaming hanging on the man's back for dear life. Once the man and Ana made it to the top. I started shooting the zombies coming up the ladder. I then
pulled up the ladder. My daughter was still human, she was alive. I hugged her. The man stood back watching us.

"Who are you!" I yelled as I pointed the gun at the man's head. "I'm human!" He yelled. "Strip!" I yelled. "Strip?" He asked. "Fucking strip!" Screamed. The man took off his pants and shirt leaving on his underwear. "I'm sorry," I said. "It's fine." He replied.
"You saved my daughter. How did you find me?"
I asked. "Well, when I apocalypse started happening. I was traveling. I found your daughter crying in the woods. Once I knew she was human I helped her." He explained slowly putting back on his clothes.

"Thank you. Ana is everything to me. She's all I have left." I sobbed. "Can I hug you?" I asked. "Absolutely." He said. We hugged. "What's your name?" I asked "Edward Hall. I go by Eddie." He said. "It's nice to me you, Eddie. This is my daughter, Anastasia Hill- Taylor. She goes by Ana, and I'm Rosellie Taylor. I go by, Rose." I explained. "Daughter?" He asked surprised. "Yes, I got pregnant at thirteen. I'm now twenty." I explained.
"What about you? Do you have any kids?" I asked. "Yes, I have two daughters, by different moms, but they didn't make it," I explained. He was sad. "I'm sorry, Eddie," I said. "Thank you." He replied.

"What have you been using to kill them?" I asked. "This bat." He said. He raised the bat up showing me it. "You don't need that. Take this." I said. I gave him a gun instead. "Let's go inside," I said. We all walked inside. I showed Eddie around. I brought him to the employee break room and he sat down. I sat down beside him. "I got scratched by one of the zombies. Will I turn?" He asked. "No, silly." I laughed. "You only turn if you get bit. If you get bit, it's over." I explained. "I have a first aid kit," I said. "When was the last time you ate?" I asked. "It's been a few days." He said.

I poured Ana and Eddie a cup of water and each gave them a can of ravioli. "Thank you," Eddie said. "You stay here. You with us, Eddie. You saved my daughter. I owe you my life." I explained.
Once they were finished eating I cleaned Eddie wound using the first aid kit. "I showed Eddie the area where we slept. Eddie can back with a handful of clothes. "You like these, Rose?" He asked. "Yes," I said. He came back wearing different new clothes.

Eddie sat next to me ok the pallet we made to sleep on. "How did you survive this long on foot?" I asked. "I hid in the woods. That's where not many are around. That's where I found Ana." He explained. "Was it just you and Ana?" He asked. "No, we we're with, Jason," I said. "Jason?" He asked. "Jason was my stepbrother. I killed him." I said. Eddie's face went white. "Why?" He asked. "He stole food and did other shit,"I explained. Eddie went quiet.

"Where did you get the guns?" He asked. "My stepdad," I said. "When you're killing the zombies, aim at the head. You also have to say quietly. They're attracted to noise." I said. We went to bed.

Hello, thank y'all for 45 reads it means a lot.
This book is almost over. It will be seventeen chapters long. There will be another book.
"A Dark Endless Journey." Book two. It will come out in the summer of 2022. Also, I have another book coming out in the summer of 2022.