Chapter Eight- Roof

The next day we woke up and it was still dark. Even though it was daylight there was barely any light coming though, because the windows were boarded up. We all got up using our flashlights. We used the bathroom and once we were done. We all sat down in the pallet we made last night. We sat beside each other and I pulled a can of fruit out of my bag. We
didn't need a can opener for this fruit. "I got some forks in my bag," Jason whispered. Jason went into his bag and pulled out a small box of white plastic forks. He passed them out and we began sharing the can of fruit and taking turns.

Once we were done.  I let Ana drink the juice left at the bottom of the can. I and Ana stayed where we were while Jason explored the store. A few minutes later he came back walking fast, but quiet. "Rose. Rose." He whispered. "What?" I asked. "You have to come to check this out." He said. I and Ana followed him. We went to the back of the store and we followed Jason into a small room. It was the break room. In this room were a refrigerator, a sink, a microwave, a table, and two chairs. "A break room? So what?" I asked. "Food," Jason whispered. He pointed to the fridge and on top of the fridge was some food. I opened a box of crackers, some cans of Vienna sausage, some cans of ravioli, and two gallons of water. I went up to it and started stuffing the cans of food and box of crackers in Ana's backpack. Ever since the apocalypse happened, I made her always wear that backpack.

I noticed there was also a first aid kit on the top of the fridge as well. I stuffed that in Ana's backpack as well. "Good find, Jason," I said. "Thanks," Jason said. Jason stayed quiet for a moment. "I'll be back," Jason said. Jason left the room and I and Ana stayed in the room and sat down on the chairs.
"Honey, can you give me your backpack?" I asked her. She took it off and gave it to me. I opened her backpack and got out cans of Vienna sausage. I opened three cans, and gave one to Ana, and opened a can for Jason. Jason came back with three forks and we started eating the sausages. Once we were done We cleaned up our mess and left the break room. We brought the food and water with us.

We stayed in the back of the store and we looked around the place. There wasn't anything interesting about it. I looked around and saw what was a flight of stairs. I walked up the flight of stairs and at the end of the stairs was a door. It was unlocked. I walked down the flight of stairs and went to find Ana and Jason. I found them looking in the back of the stairs looking through all the clothes on the rack.
"Hey guys, I found something," I whispered. They followed me and showed them what I found. "It's a roof," Jason said. "Go get the guns," I said. Jason left to go get the guns. It was stupid that we left our guns in the main part of the store anyway. Jason came back a few minutes later with two guns and gave me one.

"Let's check it out," Jason said. "No way. What if there are zombies up there." I said. "I'll shoot them."
Jason said. "Shooting them will make more come, dummy. They're attracted to noise." I explained. "Let's do it anyway." He said. "No way. We can't let the risk of zombies coming in here." I said. "Your right." He said. "Let's go," I said. We went back to the main part of the store.

A/N

Hey guys. What do y'all think is on the roof? Let me know.