Chapter Seventeen- Michigan

It's been a couple of days, and we continued to stay at my house. There was no power here. We set our plan to leave Ohio and travel to Michigan. Eddie looked in the shed behind our house and found full gas cans in the shed. Eddie and I  walked outside while Ana stayed inside. We went to full the car. We brought the gas cans, and Eddie filled the car up while I was ready to shoot. Once we filled the car with gas we both ran inside. It was a little while later, and it was time to leave, for good. We packed food, water, and guns.

We all ran to the car with our stuff in our hands. Once we got to the car, we got inside and started it. I was in the driver's seat, while Eddie was in the passenger's seat, and Ana was in the back. "I forgot something," Eddie said. Before I say anything else, he got out of the car and ran back to the house. A zombie started coming toward us, and I had to start shooting. "Eddie!" I yelled. Eddie came out with something in his hand. "Come on Eddie! Hurry!" I yelled. Eddie then hit the ground. The zombies started crowding him. I ran towards him. "Eddie! What happened?" I asked. "My ankle! It's sprained!" He yelled. "Let's go! Get up! Get the fuck up now, Eddie!" I screamed. I started pulling him towards me.

Tears began to blur my vision. "Eddie, no! "Please come on!" I screamed. I began to scream. I tried to pick him up, but I wasn't strong enough. Zombies started crowding us. I looked at Eddie's ankle, and it was red and swollen.
"Go, Rose! Go!" Eddie said. He had tears in his eyes. "I can't continue! I lived a good life, Rose." He spoke. I hugged him and sobbed. "Leave me, and save yourselves." He said. Tears started rolling down his face. At this point, the zombies were getting closer. "Go, Rose. Please." He spoke softly. I knew I had to leave him. I got up and started running towards the car. I hopped in and locked the doors behind me.

I took one last look at Eddie and at this point, it was too late. The zombies started to crowd him. I couldn't see him anymore. I drove out of there as fast as I could. Ana and I  made it while Jason, Mark, Ellen, and Eddie died. Eddie died for us. It was a brave thing he did, so my daughter and I can live our lives the way we wanted to. 
Ana and I  started driving to Michigan. That was it.
The End.

A/n
I hoped you guys liked this story. It only took me two weeks to finish this. There is another book coming out soon coming, probably next month. This was a short story, and I tried to make it longer, but I couldn't. Anyway, book two will come out real soon. And will also be short. Probably like six chapters. It's about Rose and Ana. What happens when they get to Michigan? Thank you for reading, and I had fun writing this. I have another book coming real soon, in the summer of 2022.