Vol.1 Chapter-16

Pillows.

I was supposed to enjoy a nice long bath with Lady Catherine, offering to wash her hair and back. That was the initial plan, but...

"Ah, you're finally awake? Commoner, are you okay?"

Lady Catherine asks, while putting a hand on my forehead.

The situation right now is, basically, the moment I entered the bath, I fainted at the sight of Lady Catherine's bare skin, and now, we were in Lady Catherine's room all the while she was giving me a lap pillow. Yes, a lap pillow.

"Y-yes I am." I said, embarrassed.

The sight of Lady Catherine fresh out of the bath was a sight to behold. Her slightly damp hair, her slightly flushed face, and most especially, the sweet aroma that was coming from her. It was intoxicating. Let's not forget the soft thighs that my head was resting on!

"I-i'm fine now Lady Catherine, sorry for the trouble."

I tried to sit up because I could feel my face getting red, but she just pulled me back into her lap.

"Don't move!" she said, while holding me in place. "Carol said to make sure you don't move much when you wake up." She says, insistent that I just stay. Lady Catherine is trying to make my heart explode isn't she? Isn't she!?

While I was on her lap, she started to stroke my head. It was an unusual feeling for me since I never had my head stroked since I was a kid.

"Talking to you like this, it makes me realize that you are just a girl yourself, commoner." she said as she continued stroking my hair.

"Eh? Do I act so boyish for you to mistake me as one, Lady Catherine?" I know that I was fairly boyish thanks to my experience as an adventurer so acting like a girl was a bit awkward for me, even wearing the academy uniform sometimes feels weird.

"No, no, that is not what I meant. I just meant that even you had flaws it seems, fainting so quickly from a bath." Lady Catherine chuckles all the while her hand never leaving my head.

In my defense that was your fault Lady Catherine for being so beautiful.

"It feels as if all day, I've only been embarrassing myself." it was a one time chance I was with Lady Catherine that wasn't in the academy, and I felt like a blew it.

"That is fine, is it not? It's a nice change of pace, since I'm the one that always gets toyed with..."

"Ah, that is true!" I say almost instantly.

"It annoys me how quickly you agreed to that!" Lady Catherine pinches both of my cheeks.

"Ahaha." I laughed out.

Turning my head to the side, it landed on a window. The sky out was already dark, and I could hear the faint sound of rain falling from outside.

I probably already missed that curfew for the dorm. Where should I go now? An inn? I certainly enjoy the time with Lady Catherine, but I don't want to impose myself to them any longer.

"Lady Catherine, I should prob-. "

"Just stay the night, Lady Aya." a voice from behind says, followed by the sound of a door shutting.

It was Carol, holding a tray with what looked like to be beverages.

"I would be imposing too much then..."

"Cut that out! Being humble does not suit you, if I had to be honest, it is kind of creepy." Lady Catherine said.

"That's mean!"