Vol.1 Chapter-17

Lady Catherine's anger.

I woke up when the sun's light was seeping through the curtains, it hit my eyes at an angle, basically forcing me to wake up.

I was still groggy, my head buried in a soft pillow, every time I pushed my head into it, it just bounced me back. It was so soft it was almost like a...

Wait... Pillows aren't supposed to do that, right?

I finally opened my eyes and I was for some reason, being hugged by Lady Catherine. Did she mistake me for a pillow!? Thank you! But this is still too much for my heart, everything that's been happening since yesterday has been too much!

But, while I was being hugged, I could hear Lady Catherine's heartbeat. It was a steady beat... Ever since I got here I always thought this whole world was just an illusion and I was actually dead... But, hearing this heartbeat of hers, it reminds me that it isn't an illusion and I'm actually back. It still feels so real.

"Lady Catherine, Lady Aya? It's time to wake up!" Carol said while knocking on the door of Lady Catherine's room.

I wanted to jolt up, but couldn't, or rather wouldn't. I couldn't reply since my mouth was muffled by Lady Catherine.

A few moments later, the handle of the door turned and it opened. Carol entered the room, and when she saw our positions wore a smirk.

"Oh my, oh my. Hopefully I'm not disturbing anything?"

"Please don't tease me."

After that, Carol woke up Lady Catherine with a grin, and when she saw me in her arms, she suddenly blushed red.

"Good morning?"

"Y-yes, Good morning to you too, commoner."

After tidying up, my pouch was given to me by Carol. Lady Catherine and I were escorted to the dining room where we had breakfast. Maybe it was Lady Catherine's request, but the food for breakfast were croquettes.

After that, we headed to the academy for the morning roll call.

There was quite a bit of commotion when the nobles saw me exit Lady Catherine's carriage.

"Why is Lady Catherine Bellerose with a lowly commoner?" was the main question that reached our ears.

I took a glance at Lady Catherine, and of course, without letting the murmurs bother her, she walked towards the academy with a high head.

Teacher Loupe's morning roll call ended without incident, and now all of the classes were gathered into the courtyard. You could see the disparity in the classes, the lower classes were all filled with commoners such as myself. The tension between the two can clearly be seen. Commoners glaring at nobles and vice versa.

"Good morning, everyone." the man with sharp eyes in front of us says. It was our principal, Hektor Foryger. He is the man second only to Teacher Loupe, not in the sense of magical prowess, but of achievement. If Teacher Loupe is the strongest, then the principal is one of the most influential. He created a type of magic no one has ever seen, and he is the only one that can use this. Spacial travel magic.

"Is everyone here ready? If so, let's go." with just that, the Principal opened something in what he calls a "portal"

Students were awed by the sight of this strange thing they had never seen before. Though, for me, I've seen it a bunch of times already.

One by one, the principal guided everyone through the portal. Then, eventually, all of us were transported to the Principal's private lot.

"Commoner." Lady Catherine pulls on my sleeve.