𝚒𝚟

𝚒𝚟. 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝙸 𝚜𝚘𝚕𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚎?
-------

What a beautiful name she has.

The night came and my mind can't get rid of her.

The way she talk feels like a lullaby. And I'm like an idiot smiling right now while playing my dog. Is this the effect of not having a girlfriend for a long time deciding that I'm gonna grow old alone (If Mikey will grow old too and end up dead before me).

Probably Mikey thinks of me like an stupid motherfucker who blushed at the front of a woman. 

"Alright alright, I'm an idiot, okey?" I said to Mikey as if he will answer.

He just barked at me three times.

Well, that's he's answer.

I decided to watch tv before I got lost my mind here while thinking of her. I turned on the tv and all of a sudden the lights went off and the tv also.

Brownout.

I lazily stood up and find my flashlight.

This situation wasn't new to me anymore. It happens always, specially in this little town. They didn't put some effort to fix this kind of problem in this town. It's unfair specially to those people who lived here but I kinda used to it. But I paid for our rent and taxes, and this is all we gonna get?

I got my flashlight but unfurtunately, the batterry happens to be low.

I sighed and toss the flashlight in my bed.

I check Mikey and he was already sleeping peacefully.

Sometimes, I just wanna be a dog.

I wore my jacket and decided to go outside for a while. When I get out of my apartment, I went to the railings in front of my apartment and leaned my arms there. It's already twelve in the midnight.

I can see some stars in the sky and I can hear the sound of the wind.

I was thinking if she was already asleep or if she's still awake because of the brownout.

I don't know what's going on with me. These feelings were all new to me. And its bothered me a lot. How can I manage this feelings?

I let out a heavy breath at comb my hair. 

I stopped when someone handed me a beer.

It was Assha.

She smiled at me and leaned her arms in the railings while holding her beer. "Is it really like this here? Always brownout?" She seemed calm.

The presence of her makes me really go crazy.

I opened the beer she gave me. "Not really, but often." I shrugged.

She nodded. "So, I guess I have to use it living here like this." She drank her beer and I just stared at her and didn't say anything in return.

"Don't stare at me like that. I'm shy type." She said without looking at me.

I cough and looked away. "I can't help."

I heard her chuckle. "Don't be straightforward."

I smirked and looked at her. "Do you always drink?"

She scratched her nose. "When I just can't sleep, I always do. How 'bout you?"

"Occasionally." I simply answered. "But I can't remember the last time I had drink. Maybe months ago? Or years? I don't know."

She formed her lips into a line. I noticed that her lips were dry. Her face was very simple but it can make me lose my mind. "That's too good to be true."

I smiled. "Well, not drinking alcohol will also not make people good."

She nods at me with amusement in her face. "That make sense. It means I can still be a good girl even if I drink so many alcohol."

"Exactly." 

Second later she spoke again. "How is it being a cop?"

I thought about her question. "Hmm...sometimes it feels good solving a crime, but sometimes it's sucks because crime does not go away. So, you have to solve so many crime until you get old and retired."

Her face got curious. I smiled. She seemed interested.

Cute.

"So, you've encountered so many murdered crime?"

I drank my beer. "Yeah, sort of. Why, you want to see a murder?" I joked.

She avoided her gaze to me and she did not speak for a moment.

"Of course not! I just find it interesting base on what I saw on TV." She said and drank her beer.

I silently laughed.

"So, what criminal case are you in as of the moment?" She asked.

I stared at her carefully.

"Being weak when you are around."

I leaned closer to her. She didn't answer and she just stared at me the way I do.

"So, tell me Assha, how can I solve this crime?"

------