𝚡𝚒

𝚡𝚒. 𝙰𝚜𝚜𝚑𝚊 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚊 𝚜𝚞𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝
---------

"This suspicious woman was caught on cctv before Mrs. Westly died. She went to the apartment building around three in the morning and after that, Mrs. Westly found dead." My co-worker explained to me and handed me the picture of the suspect.

I look at the picture, and the moment I saw the suspect...my whole body felt weakened.

My hands started to sweat and so did my forehead too.

My heart began to race as I look at the picture.

It's impossible.

It can't be.

I know her face. Though the picture itself was blurred because of the quality of the camera---but I could recognize her face vividly.

It was Assha.

And then I remembered, that there's a times we were not seeing each often because I was busy at work.

"And Flynn, we found out that Mrs. Westley did not go to buy a grocery on the exact day she talked to you."

"Now, may we know why did you lied to us?"

My emotions crumbled even more. I can't take all the information they revealed. My anxiety started to attack me and I don't know what to do right now.

All the revelation was gathering inside my head. And there's a part of me that doesn't believe that Assha can do that.

There's a part of me that I wanted to protect her at all cost.

I want to hear the truth from her mouth first.

I frustrated covered my face using my hands. "Please...can you give me some time to think? I promise I will answer your question honestly." I surrender.

"I stil have to find the truth behind this..."

---------

When I got home, Assha greeted me with smile.

There's something different about her that I couldn't explain.

"How's work? You seemed tired." She said as she help me undressed my uniform.

I looked at her for a second. "Yes. It's tiring." I said as a matter of fact. I have to clear my head.

She smiled. "Is it about Mrs. Westly case?"

I paused when I heard that.

She did not mention anything about that topic before.

I observed her expression, and she seemed casual.

I did not take my gaze away from her.

"Yes. It's about Mrs. Westly. We found some information about who the murderer is."

She stopped.

And that's the expression I'm looking for that I hope I can't find in her.

She looked at me. "Is that so? Good luck." She said and after a while, she bid a goodnight before she go to her apartment to sleep.

I just realize now that I still didn't know much about her. I thought I already knew everything about her, but that was just a thought.

I took a deep sigh as I tried to connect the things that could possibly true.

I also still have to find who killed Mikey.

And I hated myself when there's a thoughts appeared in my head that there's a possibility that Assha is the one who killed Mikey.

I remembered that, she was the only person here on the day Mikey died.

If not her, then who?

And if she really did, why would she do that?

There's no exact reason to prove that she really killed someone or even tried do that such a thing.

Unless she was hiding something.

--------