𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 71.

Dina saw Makayla approaching the house through the window so she opened the door for her before she could knock.

"Hey." Dina smiled barely hugging her because of Makayla's belly.

"Makayla." Sierra came from inside holding JJ in her arms.

JJ was Dina's now three months old son. And he looked just like Jesse.

"How are you feeling?" Dina asked as they entered the house.

"Like I'm about to explode." Makayla sighed making Dina chuckle. It was al so funny now that she wasn't pregnant anymore.

And all Makayla could do was fixate her eyes on JJ. Knowing soon she'd be holding her child like that too.

...
Makayla's flashback

"So off you go?"

"I Ain't gonna be long. The building ain't too far from here. " He reassured her, patting the horse on the side of it's neck before he stood in front of her.

Makayla's belly was only getting bigger as she was now 5 months in.

"Shit." Makayla tensed and Joel's eyes widened,

"What's wrong?"

Makayla quickly reached for his hands, pressing them on her belly.

Joel's mouth was slightly open as he concentrated, their eyes locked.

And when he felt the tiny kick, his mouth curved into a smile just like Makayla's.

"Now I don't wanna go I just- wanna stay like this.." He muttered, massaging her belly gently and Makayla took his hands away and stretched out so she could place a kiss on his lips,

"Go. I'll wait for you."

"I love you."

"I love you too." She replied as she saw him get on his horse.
...

"You look beautiful Makayla." Nancy, an older woman one of the ones she saved in Detroit walked past her, touching her arm and Makayla smiled in return.

She was standing next to Joel. His strong arm was around her waist as they walked in, going straight to Tommy and Maria who were standing near the bar.

"Still nothing?" Tommy asked jokingly, looking at Makayla's giant belly.

"Still nothing." Makayla repeated, smiling and she could feel Joel's loving eyes scanning her carefully.

"You gettin' bigger by the day." Tommy nagged to which Joel clicked his tongue as a warning but his face expression remained playful.

Makayla gave Tommy a look, making him put his arms up as a sign of backing off but that smirk on his lips said enough.

She looked around, seeing Dina and Sierra in the distance, dancing and having fun.

Suddenly Dina noticed her, waving at her to come to them.

"I'll be right back." Makayla said, letting go of Joel.

"Be careful." He rasped and continued on with the conversation.

Makayla made her way through all the people who often stopped her on the way to either ask about the baby or compliment her.

Sierra extended her hand towards Makayla and Makayla took it, being pulled in by Sierra.

"This place is full." Makayla scanned the place, making Dina laugh. She was obviously drunk already.

"Someone's coming." Dina said when she saw Jenny approaching.