Ten

One of the double doors snapped open before I could unlock it and Eric stood in his pyjamas looking at me concerned.

"Where have you been?" He asked and stepped aside for me to enter.

"I can explain-"

"Do you know what time it is?"

"Yeah but-"

"Rebecca told me you met a boy." He said shutting the door behind him. I froze in place having my back to him. I cringed at the thought of him knowing about Tyler.

"Who is it? What's his name?" He grabbed my shoulders forcing me to face him.

"His name is Nathan and nothing is going on..." I said angrily.

"Were you with him?" His words echoed in my head and I felt my eyes rolling on the back of my head.

"How dare you!" He said and took big steps towards me grabbing me from my shoulders. "Were you with him? Do you know where you are getting yourself into? Naive girl!"

I gasped and when I opened my eyes, I was sitting on the living room couch. The light, from the lamp resting on the table, hit on my face as I stood up. I felt dizziness taking over me and I sat down again, weakness overpowering my will to get away from Eric. I looked outside the window and the sky was darker than ever.

"Caroline..."He walked in the living room with a glass of water and handed it to me. I slowly lifted the glass to my lips forcing one drop of water to fall in my mouth. The coolness on my tongue soothed me. I sunk deeper into the pillow resting on my back as I nervously waited for him to talk.

"What happened back there?" He sat down next to me and glared at me.

"Nothing, I'm just really tired. Training took longer than I thought today." I lied.

"Does he have a special power too?"

"No! I told you already there is nothing going on and I only saw him once at the ball. That was it!" I answered aggressively shoving the glass of water, which was now half empty, on the table. I quickly got up on my feet and run out of the living room, avoiding talking to him. I run up the stairs swiftly and entered the room.

In the room, Rebecca laid on her bed with a book in her hands and Aria was sitting on the window seat, tapping on her phone continuously. They both looked at me and got up at the same time.

"Where have you been?" Rebecca grabbed my hand and sat me down on her bed.

"I was at training. Nothing happened." I sighed.

"Why were you out that long?" Aria asked.

"Why do I have to keep explaining myself?" I shouted and got up from the bed. "I think I'm old enough to do whatever I want and don't forget that you're not my parents, you can't control me! Hell, I don't even know where my parents are! Aria, your parents keep calling and checking up on you and Rebecca your Dad is right downstairs. Where the fuck are mine hah? I happen to know the answer to that question, but I was forced to forget!" I run in the bathroom and locked the door behind me. I fought the tears that tried to release themselves from my prisoned eyes. I have to remember! I want to know who to trust. I want to know what happened to my parents.

I carefully opened the shower doors and started the shower up. The sound of the water hitting the surface, pervaded my ears and it was peaceful and calm. I undressed myself and stepped in. The water was cold beneath my bare toes, but I stepped in any way, letting the cool water travel to the rest of my foot. As the water kept running, it started to heat up and I creeped in my other foot as well. Steam began to block my eyesight as I struggled in getting my blond, curly hair out of the tight ponytail. I reached with my left hand for the water and I turned it so my palm faced the ceiling. I dipped my palm in the warm water and it lingered on my fingertips. The sound and feeling of water always seemed to calm me down. I closed the frameless glass shower door and turned to look at the water flowing. The shower tiles were 'Jerusalem Ivory Distressed Limestone' I didn't know what they were until now. Things are coming back to me slowly... The bright light increases by the minute and I need to know more. My mum was an interior designer because I remember her having all these pictures of furniture in front of her... I walked over to the running water and dipped my head in it. It slowly run through my head and to my hair causing a tingly sensation on my skull. I felt relaxed and calm like I was hypnotized by the crystal water streaming down my back. The water droplets kept releasing themselves from my soaked hair.

When I finished with my shower, I wrapped a towel around me and headed for the door. I wrapped my finger on the crystal door knob and twisted my wrist slowly. I crept in the room and to my surprise both Rebecca and Aria were sleeping. All the lights were closed and the only light that was left was the moonlight creeping in through the window. I run into the closet and changed into my PJs. I headed for my bed, but I realised that I didn't have my phone in the pocket of my leggings. So I run downstairs to look for it when I heard Mr. Johnson speaking on the phone.

"Yes... I don't know... Just some parts... Should we redo it?... Well, if it's unbreakable then why is it breaking?... I'll find out... Okay, I'll do that then... Bye." I rushed over to get my phone that was laying on the dining table and took two steps at a time on the staircase, to get to my room faster.

Who was he talking to? What is he going to do? I need to find Tyler...