Seventeen

She gasped and swiftly got up to her feet. She brushed her tears away and begun to walk inside.

"Excuse me," She said as Tyler stepped in front of her, not allowing her to enter the castle.

"Please, tell me what's wrong," He said as she avoided his eyes.

"Look, Tyler, I don't think it's right for us to talk outside in the balcony, while your future wife is sitting there glaring at us," I turned around and saw the princess staring intensely at Tyler and me.

"And, I don't think it's appropriate to refer to you as Tyler..." She stepped back and turned her back to him. He then grabbed the doors golden handles of the balcony and closed them.

"Better?" He smirked as she turned around with wide eyes.

"Listen, if you want to get me in trouble I am not the right person for you." She said and headed for the exit. As she placed her small hand on the door handle he placed his hand over hers, preventing her from opening it. She halted and stared at their connected hands.

She quickly removed her hand and walked swiftly to the rails.

"What's your problem?" He asked impatiently.

"My problem is that you think everyone should obey to every single thing you say. You think everyone should drop to your feet and beg for your attention. You will soon be King and you have your future wife inside waiting. I don't want to ruin anything for you, I'm dangerous, so make your way back,"

"You know nothing about me," He growled.

"Well, you know nothing about me. So stay away from me."

Wow, the old me had a temper.

She stormed inside leaving Tyler alone on the balcony. He then walked in and joined the princess for a dance.

She ran outside the castle, with tears streaming down her eyes, towards the forest and before I could catch up to her she stopped in front of a charming, modern house. It was extremely big! It was covered in floor-to-ceiling windows and it had a lot of sliding doors. Each room opened to a large patio. The roof contained multiple roof lines at different levels, showing off the complexity of the overall design and the uncommon silhouette of the structure. It had several steps leading to the front, double wooden door. The house was made out of white oak and the grass was moist and bright green. She snatched her house keys and unlocked the door. She closed it and ran upstairs, two steps at a time. I looked around the delicate house. The living room had antique furniture, loveseats with white slipcovers that restrained elegance. It was simple and spare yet cozy and comfortable. There were a lot of natural fibers such as linen and sisal. It had antique cupboards, chairs and benches in raw woods. Upholstered chairs created a cozy atmosphere, by using loose slipcovers and pillows. Accessories like wicker baskets, piles of logs by the fireplace, ceramic pots, and wooden bowls were some of the decorative accents. I run upstairs, through the empty, dull corridor, that had no photos or art work. I noticed a slightly open, white oak door and walked up to it. She was sitting on a double bed, with beige covers. The velvet pillows were stacked neatly on the heart, white steel headboard of her bed. The ceiling was high and next to the bathroom door was a walk-in closet. Opposite her bed was a stunning fireplace with hand-carved wood mantel. There were expensive looking paintings on the walls and candles were resting on the table surfaces and mantels. There was a white, big rug in the middle of the room, resting on the bottom of the white oak coffee table. Small standing lights laid on the white nightstands on either side of the bed. The night stands had three drawers and I noticed one with a gold lock. In the middle of the room was a classic crystal chandelier combined clean lines with sparkle. It was finished in oxidized gold leaf, letting out warm light that dazzled my eyes.

She sniffed, as my eyes darted towards her. She picked on her nails and was deep in thought when someone came crashing in her room. Oh no.

"How dare you disobey me!" She flinched as he grabbed her elbow, pressing his fingers in her arm.

"Do you know how offended I was when you took off! How my daughter refused to meet the King and Queen!" She whimpered.

"Maybe, I should just end you! You are not capable of finding true love anyway!" He shouted and dragged her outside her room. No! He can't kill me...

"No Father, please! I will find him! I beg of you!" She screamed and tried to resist the burning sensation in her hands.

"If you don't find him, and kill him in two months... I will end you! I don't care if I get half of your powers,"

"But I don't want to be human!" She cried. What?

"Do you want to stay alive with no powers? Or just die? Your choice sweets, either way, I get what's mine!" He halted and stared at the figure downstairs.

"Mother," She breathed.

"She'll do what you say, Daryl. If you stop pressuring her." Mother sighed and fear took a hold of her eyes. She was scared of him. Everyone was.

"Fine! Two months kid! No, more!" He pushed her and run down the stairs, leaving her sight.

A tear rolled down her cheek and she run to her bedroom. She locked the door and sat on the white window seat, staring at the thick, green forest.

"What am I going to do?" She cried.

That night she cried herself to sleep and I couldn't bare the pain in my chest.

It's all coming back now.