Chapter Eight

KIANS POV

"The baby is fine, however it may have have something may be wrong with it when it is born," The doctor sighed.

"As long as it's okay it doesn't matter. When can we see Kate?" I asked.

"Well you can see her now but I think she might be sleeping. Only three at a time though."

First Jc, Madi, and me went to go see Kate while everyone else watched the kids. I clutched onto Madi's hand as I opened the door.

Kate was laying in bed with a whole bunch of things attached to her. Her face was as white as a ghost and to be honest it kind of scared me. I know it's a miracle that Kate is alive, but I feel bad because she is probably in so much pain right now.

I took a seat next to Kate's bed and Jc took a seat on the opposite side. Madi took a seat on my lap and buried her head into the crook of my neck. I softly patted her back and then rubbed it a bit. I could feel my shirt becoming more and more damp but I didn't even care.

I glanced at Jc who had been pretty quite the whole time and I saw the fear in his eyes. He was so scared and the tears were pouring down his face.

"Hey Kate, I really miss you right now. I'm sorry I wasn't there to save you. I'm sorry I left you alone. Kate I really love you," Jc sobbed clutching onto Kate's fraigle hand.

"Shh Jc I'm right here," A small squeak poured out of Kate's mouth.

"You're awake?"

"Mhmm but it hurts Jc. I can't feel my legs and my stomach is throbbing in pain."

"It'll be alright Kate. I'll take care of you until you're healed."

"Thank you Jc. I love you."

"I love you too."

Kate carefully switched positions so she was now facing me. I could see the pain in her eyes and I automatically felt really bad.

"Now Madi hun, don't cry over me. This is not your fault okay. And Kian take care of her please. I don't remember much of what happened but all I know is that Madi needs you," Kate smiled.

"Alright Kate. Get some rest. Do you want the others guys to come in?" I asked picking up Madi.

"Sure but you two go home and get some rest. Tell my babies I saw hi."

I smiled at both Jc and Kate before I left. Madi had fallen asleep in my arms so I carried her out into the lobby. Good thing she was short and barely weighed anything.

"Only two of you can go in. Jc is staying in there with her. Oh and Madi, Pey and me are leaving," I said.

"Alright. Take care of her Ki," Connor said giving me Peyton.

"I will. Thanks for watching Pey."

"Anytime."

I carried both of my babies out to the vehicle. I had Madi beneath Peyton so it looked like they were stacked on top of each other. I placed them both in the car when Madi finally woke up and smiled at me. I smiled back and buckled up Peyton.
I arrived at the house when my phone started blowing up with twitter and instagram notifications.

"Madi what's going on?" I asked unlocking my phone.

"I have no clue Ki." She replied grabbing Peyton out of the car.

I went on instagram and looked at the post I had been tagged in. It was a picture of me carrying Madi and Peyton to the car. The caption was: now that is what i call a good man. He's the only guy i know who would carry both his wife and child to his car. We're proud and we love you Kian.

I grinned at the post and went inside. Madi was a little scared of going inside, but I reassured her that everything was going to be fine. At least I hoped it would.