𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Your POV

"Lulu-chin, what do you think of Koko?" Manjiro suddenly asked while he was helping me in making dinner by cutting vegetables for sinigang na baboy.

[Pork Sinigang is a delightful sour soup made with pork ribs, vegetables, and tamarind-flavored broth. It's hearty, tasty, and perfect for cold weather.]

"Huh? Well, my first impression was he's a strict teacher but while we were discussing some things I noticed that he was nervous." I replied.

I can't tell him that I mentally compared him to a stray cat I pick up back in the Philippines.

"That's it?" He asked again.

"Is there anything more to say?" I asked as I peeked over the pot to see if the water is boiling enough.

"What about his looks, his manners?" He asked.

What a weird thing to ask. Is he jealous now?

"I mean he's good-looking and is very polite but-" I said and covered the pot, turning around to get the vegetable he chopped when I saw him frozen to place with a cold glare out the window. I was about to ask him to pass the chopped vegetables when I saw his finger bleeding.

"HUY! YOU'RE BLEEDING AND YOU'RE JUST STANDING THERE?! JUSKOMARYOSEP.!!" I exclaimed and quickly took action and treated his wound.

Ano ba naman tong taong to, payat ka na nga mawawalan ka pa ng dugo? Edi ano matitira, buto't plema?

[T: This guy is unbelievable, he's already so thin and he's letting himself bleed? What would be there left? Bones and phlegm?]

"Jeez, if I'm gone then who would take care of you but yourself-"

"Where are you going, Luz? Didn't you say that you're not going anywhere?" He asked and held my wrist with a disheartened look.

Sinubukan ko lang naman sabihin yung laging sinasabi nila mama at papa eh.

[T: I just tried to say what mama and papa always say.]

Gosh look at him, he's too cute. My heart can't...

"I'm not going anywhere, I just tried to imitate my parents when they scold me." I said and wrapped a bandaid on his finger after disinfecting it properly.

"Thanks" he said and pulled his hand away.

Omaygash bat ang kyut mo magtampo, hayop ka!

[T: OMG why are you so cute, you animal!]

"Wait, it's not finished yet." I said and took his injured hand, placing a gentle kiss on his injury and looking up to see his reaction, it was so priceless.

Mas pula pa siya sa kamatis na tinadtad niya.

[T: He's redder than the tomato he chopped.]

"There, it's done. Stop pouting and don't be jealous of Koko, he's your employee after all. I won't have eyes for anyone else except for you, don't worry. I'm the one who proposed first, remember? It should be me who's worried that someone will like you." I said with a smile before going back to continue what I was cooking.

He was silent after that and watched me patiently as I cook. Adding one last seasoning to the dish and letting it boil for a moment, with a very small saucer, I tasted the soup.

It was perfect but will he like it though?

"Manjiro, can you come and taste this?" I said and he silently made his way and offered him a sample, I even blew it a few times so he won't burn his tongue but instead of tasting from the small saucer, he held my chin and leaned in for a sudden kiss and wondered his tongue inside my mouth.