Episode 2 Part 1

Sano Manjiro was never a quiet kid. If anyone asked his close friends and family, they would describe him as a loud, obnoxious, and mischievous brat who gave also had the strength and charisma to rule over the world.

However, the sudden influx of future memories had destroyed him. For Toman, he had remained their strong and untouchable leader for so long, that the mask became a burden. It wasn't always like that he had once been able to lean on people and remain their selfish brat.

But Shinichiro died, Baji stabbed, Kazutora murdered, Draken killed, Emma splattered, and now he could see Takemichi's bullet would seeping with blood when he closed his eyes.

It hadn't happened but also did happen. Mikey couldn't understand his feelings for this unknown person who felt like his soulmate.

Why?

Hearing his brother's question, Mikey shrugged. He didn't know it himself. In the memories, his feelings were painfully obvious, but he didn't want to break a couple just because he wanted Mitchy. He had stepped aside and let the other save Hinata as he saved Mikey.

That's what he loved about him after all, his courageous and loving heart.

But now he was torn. Mitchy died because he wanted Mikey. And now Mikey was ready to steal Takemitchy so that both could live.

Mikey had been pondering about it this whole time, willfully ignoring all the other important matters.

He spoke, "I think it's because I will truly become empty if everyone leaves me. I experienced it once when my Shin-nii died. But I had Emma and Toman. If that future in twelve years is the truth, we all failed to keep our promise."

Mikey had conflicting emotions whirling in him. But the more mature side of him took over, "Grieving takes years and I realized blaming others won't bring the dead back. But I am willing to take a chance and give them the benefit of doubt."

The ball's in your court, Kazutora.

It was rather hypocritical of Mikey to speak about killing and giving others the benefit of doubt, but in this time, they were all rather innocent including him.

Yes, Kazutora too, because although the tiger boy was not completely blameless, he was not a murderer. And Mikey was waiting for Kazutora to realize it himself and accept it.

The dark, empty eyes watched his older brother and silently offered a taiyaki, "Relax aniki. Isn't this supposed to be a chance to change destiny?"

Shinichiro was many things, being a saint was not one of them. He snatched the taiyaki and quickly downed it lest Manjiro took back the treat. He ignored the judgmental looks given by Waka and Takeomi.

It was taiyaki given by Manjiro, yaknow!! WILLINGLY GIVEN!?

Why would he not accept it? But he digresses.

Turning Manjiro's words in his head, he thought they surprisingly made sense, to him. He had seen a lot of things during his time as the Black Dragons' leader and he knew that sometimes there were tough decisions to make that made you out as the villain.

Ruffling Manjiro's hair, he wondered what would change with Izana and Emma looking after their baby brother?

Even as the conversation came to a pause, others in the theatre didn't dare speak a word. The air felt too heavy for them to quack and that's when Draken being the kind vice-commander spoke, "Oi Mikey!"

"Yes, Ken-chin~?"

"DON'T CALL ME THAT! But get back here, we need to talk."

Mikey raised an eyebrow and refused loudly, opting to with Shin. "I am staying with the old men."

"Oi!" "Who are you calling old! I am still in my twenties."

Mikey snorted and hopped to the front row, wishing for a parfait, and sat down in the empty seat.

"You owe me dinner for a month, Ken-chin," he muttered between bites and looked at the shocked boy.

Predictably, Draken got annoyed and then huffed, knowing that getting angry at Mikey would go nowhere.

"Two weeks, not more than that."

Sitting amongst the Toman members helped Mikey revert to the strong, charming brat beloved by all, but this time he would carefully use his inner darkness to eliminate all obstacles and cage his soulmate.

Kisaki and Mitchy.

He curbed his hatred and waited.

Everyone settled down and the screen lit up again.