Episode 2 Part 2

The camera pans over a messy desk strewn with files jammed packed with small post-its peeping out every few pages, and two theory boards sticking out like sore thumbs in an otherwise tidy room.

"Cool house though. Damn you are raking in money, huh, Naoto," Yamagishi wiggled his eyebrows at the younger boy. He then pointed at himself and bragged, "I know everything that is about the delinquent scenario, and I am going to grow up to deal with information. What say you, wanna team up?"

Yamagishi wasn't a tough guy and nor was he as charismatic as the other Mizo Mid, but he knew his worth laid somewhere else. And partnering up with an upcoming detective would be a great help.

Hinata nudged Naoto, forcing him out of his shock at his future home, then he dumbly looked at Yamagishi's expectant face and frowned, "I don't want to be a corrupt cop. If you want me to make underhand-"

"NO no no! Don't get me wrong. I meant as an informant." Waving his hands frantically the glasses boy was quick to dismiss the misunderstanding.

Naoto was indifferent and scoffed, "We will see."

The adult Naoto hangs up his blazer over one of the boards and faces Takemichi.

"Time travel."

"Huh?"

Naoto continues speaking, "I've observed something about your power."

"Wait!"

Groaning in impatience, Chifuyu tch'd, "What now? We barely started!" The interruptions were getting out of hand.

Hakkai laughed and said, "I meant to say, hasn't Hanagaki 'used' his power only once. What if it literally was a one-time thing? How can future!Naoto observe his power if they haven't met before this meeting. I am confused."

Chifuyu sighed and patted the other's prickly head, "Don't waste your brain cells. We don't even know if this Takemichi even remembers the changed future memories now. Naoto seems to be the only one who 'lived' those missing years, for Takemichi it was instantaneous!"

Everyone else frowned as they thought about it. Would Takemichi not remember any new memories?

Mikey scowled. That explains a lot; why he ran away from Manila!Mikey, and why he seemed disoriented during the Toman meetings. But who is the real Takemitchy? Both? Or will one of them always get overridden?

Rolling the thoughts over in his head, he settled on a compromise. Let's spend time with both and see.

He pauses, taking the time to walk towards Takemichi, who has been listening to this far-fetched idea for a while now, "You jumped from the present, July 4th, 2017, to July 4th, 2005."

Loosening his tie, he looks down at Takemichi with utter conviction in the other's supposed power.

"In other words, this means you can go back to the same date twelve years ago. I believe that is your power."

"Ah..."

Ran giggled. "You both look awfully close to each other now. Fufu, undressing in front of your sister's boyfriend, Naoto-kun~"

Naoto felt his face heat up at the line. Blushing to his ears he hid his face, the future me is so embarrassing! But it's nice that I and Take-nii are comfortable with each other in this different universe, without nee-san I don't know what I would have done alone.