Chapter fifty-three

Layla

I am pacing back and forth near the console. I can't keep still. I'm biting my nails in anticipation. My mind is a whirl of multiple options I could start with; so, I'm a werewolf? I got bitten? The monster bit me? I huff, exasperated. How can I say it to them?

My pacing has now stretched to the entire length of the main room. I need to clear my head and distract myself so I head down to the bedrooms. 

Traipsing past the wood shrapnel that's still littered on the floor from when I broke the door, I open the wardrobe. It's been kitted out with all sorts of clothing. Leggings, jeans and different coloured t-shirts, tops and tank tops are hung on the rail below. Black shoes rest on the top shelf. There are even some knickers and sports bras tucked on a shelf underneath Talk about not being private! I swipe along the hangers, finding a black jacket, a white t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans to change into from what Baymin gave me earlier.

Now how can I put it to Maylock and the others? I guess I should just do what Baymin said and tell them what really happened with the Monster of Folklore at the cliffs and just go from there. That's all I can do really. 

I breathe in heavily to prepare myself and head upstairs. I don't see anyone until I hear footsteps and can somehow work out that they are coming towards the wide wooden door. I stand nearby and a few minutes later, the door opens and in walks Maylock, Abbey, Zack and Jordan.

     "You alright Layla, what you did yesterday was quite a show. Where did you learn that from?" At first, I wonder what he is talking about, but then it clicks. He is talking about what I did in the city, when I, a person who is scared of heights, jumped up to an incredible altitude and dived down near Leo's and disintegrated those mavlins. Then the werewolf thing happened... 

I need to tell them.

     "I took it from the Trixala simulation thing. You were the one who did it"

     "You're not very good with heights and you decided to jump up into the sky from some move you saw in a fake reality." He looks at me perplexed just like his statement sounds. "What even crossed your mind to do something like that? Do you have any idea how high you were?"

     "I know I was high" and I will never venture to that height ever again.

     "It was quite a good tactic though. It just took us by surprise. Oh, by the way, here's your helmet; you took it off when you weirdly hurried off. You are a right one. Always keeping us on our toes" he smirks and hands my helmet to me. "Put it near your angel and it will absorb into it" as soon as I bring the helmet near my angel, it turns into pixels and flies into the main circular button.

     "Cool," I look back at him who is already returning the gaze. This is a good a time to say what happened. 

Here goes nothing. 

     "Maylock" 

     "Yep." He crosses his arms which bulge his toned biceps as he leans on the wall behind. 

     "There was a reason why I weirdly ran off" I announce but the loud siren muffles any further speech from me.

     "Again? We just sorted out a problem in the city" Maylock's attention is all focused on the alarm and away from my news that needs to be told and known. His brow furrows, confused as the alarm continues to rage. "Let's go"