Chapter 28: Brothers

Namjoon arranged for the two day get-away for the three of them at a beachfront home in Kaneohe. He agreed to go along just to make sure things didn't get out of hand. The ride to the property was a very quiet one. When they arrived at the property, they each set themselves up in their own bedrooms. Namjoon then asked for all of them to meet in the living room.

"Okay, I think we're going to need some ground rules to get us through the next couple of days. Some of the same rules that Y/N set up still apply. No calling or texting her and whatever happens here stays private between the three of us. I'd like to add that either one of you can ask for a break if things become too much to handle. Are you both cool with that?"

Hoseok and Yoongi nodded in agreement.

"Okay, do you guys want to start talking now or do you need some time alone first?

"I'm good to start." replied Yoongi.

"Me, too," answered Hoseok.

"Alright. Who wants to go first?"

There was complete silence. Hoseok stared at the floor and wrung his hands while Yoongi sat there motionless with his hands crossed.

"Guys, someone has to start," pressed Namjoon.

Finally, Hoseok spoke. "Fine. I'll start." Still wringing his hands and looking at the floor. "Do you really intend to try and take her away from me?"

Pausing for a brief moment, Yoongi replied, "It might not make sense to you, but I don't see it as taking her away. More of seizing the opportunity to have a life with her that was unexpectedly taken away from us in our previous life."

"Well, that still involves you taking her from me. What if she doesn't want a second chance with you? Will you freely walk away?" Hoseok asked, looking directly at him.

"Only if I'm positive she no longer has feelings for me. If she still does, then I'm not going to give up on her. Based on how our weekend went, I'm not going anywhere."

Hoseok gave him a quick glare. He knew by the way Yoongi spoke that he was hinting that they had a wonderful time together.

"What about you, bro? Are you going to freely walk away if she chooses me?" Yoongi asked.

Thinking, he finally said "Yes, if I see that I'm causing her great heartache. As much as I love her, I don't want her to hurt."

Namjoon chimed in, "You both saw how she was last night. She's hit her breaking point. I don't think she's going to be able to choose between the two of you. It's hurting her too much. From what Malia has told me, she's in love with both of you."

"So, what are you suggesting Namjoon, that one of us walks away right now? What if that isn't what she wants?" Yoongi asked.

"Honestly, I don't know if that's the answer. This is a very strange situation. I just don't see any way to avoid someone not being hurt," he replied solemnly, while scratching his head.

"Yoongi, she's been in my life for several months now. We've been completely happy up until you arrived."

"I didn't plan this Hoseok. You have to know that."

"Did you ever wonder that maybe there's a reason I was the one that found her first? That WE are meant to be together?"

"Yes, I've thought about that, but did you ever think that you might be the vessel responsible for bringing her back to me?"

They both looked at each other silently.

"I can't walk away from her. I love her too much," said Hoseok, his eyes beginning to swell.