Chapter 14

Mustafa and Rümeysa went into the woods with their children a few days after the shocking events

Mustafa and Rümeysa went into the woods with their children a few days after the shocking events.  Murad remained next to his sibling in front of his mother's watchful gaze. Three-year-old Ibrahim was only slower.  Mustafa read a letter. Taslicali stood beside the prince, while Rümeysa looked at them as well. Her husband's expression looked serious. She stepped closer to her husband, who had put the letter away by then.

"What happened, prince?"

"Hunkarim sent an order letter from the capital. He wants to see us both."

"He hasn't written to you in half a year and now he does.  I wonder why?" Mahidevran said.

"Can I go too, Dad?" Murad asked.

"We're going together, son! Taslicali come with me!" Mustafa ordered.

"Gilhan! Take the kids back to the palace. Fidan will help you. Start packing." Rümeysa replied.

Gilhan and Fidan went back to the palace. Rümeysa and Mahidevran followed them. It was evening when they arrived at Topkapi Palace. Mustafa helped his mother and Rümeysa out of the carriage. Hurrem was just standing on the balcony, looking down at the guests arriving angrily. Rümeysa entered the huge gate of the palace, holding the hands of her daughters. Handan and Kosem inherited their mother's character.  Gilhan stayed with the children while Mustafa and Rümeysa set off for the sultan. Hurrem was also waiting for admission.

"The end caught up with you, Hürrem. Now you're going to pay for everything you've done to us."

"We will see it. The rescue of Prince Mustafa does not justify anything yet. He was still at a loss."

"The decision is in the hands of Allah and the Sultan. I love my husband and I would die here if I had to. I won't forget what you did to my family and my grandmother.  Safiye Sultan raised me to be a true sultana. As long as you are just a slave."

"His Majesty is waiting for you." Lokman agha said.

Suleiman was already waiting for the two women. Mustafa and Rustem were also there. The sultan was very angry.

"You turned against my son. I almost killed him. I trusted you, Hurrem! I made you a Sultana and entrusted you to lead the harem. How could you do that?"

"Hunkarim.."

"Ibrahim's death is due to your intrigues. Sending Mustafa from Manisa is the work of your cunning. And Rustem was yoir man in the Divan.  And I made my decision. Mustafa returns to head of Manisa. Rustem, give me the seal right away. Your punishment is death."

Rumeysa and Mustafa stood side by side.

"With regard to our children, Hurrem! I will not sentence you to death, but I will deprive you of all your ranks and you will leave the capital today. I will exile you to Amasya and you will never return. And the leader of the harem is Mahidevran."

A month later, Mustafa became governor of Manisa again.  The return of the prince was welcomed by all. And Rumeysa walked the corridors of the palace contentedly and proudly. Mahidevran did her duty in the capital but often visited her son.

"Destur! Haseki Rumeysa Sultan Hazletreli"

Rumeysa entered the prince's apartment. A smile appeared on Mustafa's face.

"My warrior Sultana.  Love of my life."

"I wanted to see you already. Murad and Ahmed are competing over who can shoot an arrow more accurately. They want to show you what they know."

"I am grateful to Allah for designating you for me. If it weren't for you, I'd be dead by now."

"But it didn't happen that way. The heir to the throne is again you. If we weren't here now, I would have done everything to make Murad ascend the throne."