Chapter 7

The prince woke up in the middle of the night

"There's nothing wrong, Mustafa! It was just a dream. You were just dreaming."

Rümeysa hugged the prince. Mustafa slowly calmed down in the arms of his love. The sultana reassured the prince, who hugged her tightly. Mustafa was still upset but Rümeysa reassured him all the way. The woman soon fell asleep and the prince fell asleep embracing her. The next morning, at breakfast, Mustafa was a little rude, but he didn't want to poke her. The prince was finally called to duty. Rümeysa was walking in the garden thinking in the evening. Mustafa's face looked desperate and worried. Sultana Mahidevran she caught up with her.

"Blessed morning Sultanim!" Rümeysa bowed.

"Thank you Rümeysa! Where is my son?" Mahidevran asked.

"The prince speaks to the leaders of the Janissaries. Taslicali went with him."

"What's the problem? Something happened?"

Rümeysa suddenly lost consciousness. Mahidevran took the sultana back to the palace. They were sent to the doctor immediately. Rümeysa was still unconscious. It was only after a short time that she began to recover. Mustafa also learned of what had happened and immediately rushed to the beloved woman. 

"What happened to me? Why did I pass out?" Rümeysa asked.

"You're having a baby, Sultanim! This caused the fainting."

"Rümeysa! My darling! This child is the most beautiful gift you could give me." the prince spoke touchingly.

"Allah bless you and my grandson."

"Thank you, Sultanim! Where is my grandmother?"

"I'am here, sweetheart. I want to talk to you." Safiye said.

"If you need anything, just let me know and I will bring you the best of everything. I love you so much!"

"I love you too."

Mahidevran and Mustafa left. Safiye sat down next to her granddaughter. Rümeysa put her hand on her belly. A child whose father is Mustafa. Rümeysa leaned back as she ate fruit. If the prince's son is born, he will be second in the order of inheritance.

"You have to give birth to a boy. Only in this way can you secure Mustafa's place at the head of the sultanate." Safiye said.

" I know, Sultanim! I will give birth to a son with the blessing of Allah. So the sons of Hürrem are pushed back. In the Topkapi Palace, many conspired against the Crimean witch. Hürrem exposed the Pasha who had an affair with Nigar and Hatice hated him for it. Hatice's hatred of Hürrem will help us."

A few days later Ibrahim visited Manisa. Mustafa looked at the Pasha with great admiration. Ibrahim bowed before the three sultanas. Mustafa and Rümeysa agreed not to tell anyone about the pregnancy.

"I have given an order from the Sultan, Sultana Rümeysa! You must return to the capital with immediate effect. His Majesty wants to marry you to Rüstem as soon as possible."

"No! Rümeysa is not going anywhere." Mustafa was indignant.

"My Prince! I understand your anger, but the Sultan ordered it."

"Rümeysa is expecting a child from me. She can't go to the capital without me."

"Mustafa, this could be serious trouble, son!" Mahidevran worried.

"I take responsibility. It's time to tell everything to my father." Mustafa replied.

"There is no victory or love without risk. You know what you do, Rümeysa!" Safiye said.

"I don't think that's a good idea. It should be considered."

"I'm not considering anything, Pasha! Get ready to go!" Rümeysa shouted at Ibrahim."

After a day trip, Mustafa and Rümeysa arrived in the capital. Everyone stepped aside and bowed before them. The prince walked down the hallway of the palace as if he were the sultan. However, Rümeysa knew one day the palace would be her home and she would control the harem. One day she will be Valide. The Sultan was already waiting for them. Suleiman was angry.

"I'm very disappointed in you, Rümeysa! I thought you were as good and pure-hearted as your prosperous father, but I was wrong. How long has this been between you two? How long have you been in love with my son?"

"The answer is very simple, Your Majesty! There is a love burning in me that neither the sea nor the storms can extinguish."

"And you son? Why didn't you stand before me with confidence?"

"I understand your anger, Your Majesty! If you want to kill me, kill me. Rümeysa is the meaning of my life. The mother of my unborn child."

"I never despised love. But if you lie to me again, you can expect a more severe punishment. So learn from what happened. A lie never leads to good. Return to Manisa."

Rümeysa left. As she stepped out the door, Hürrem stood in front of her. Rümeysa flashed a smile.

"You can do anything, Hürrem! Get ready because hell is waiting. I bring you a hell that not even Allah will protect you from. I will not let your father and son turn against each other. Mustafa is the rightful heir to the throne. If you dare to harm the prince, I will kill you with my own hands. Ibrahim has completed his investigation into my case. I am a real sultana. You are just a servant."

"I am the faithful wife of Sultan Suleiman. I have more power than you."

"It's all a matter of time. Remember, one day I'll be in your place."