Chapter 4

The days passed very quickly

The days passed very quickly. Mustafa and Rümeysa spent every minute together. The prince was kind to the girl. He made a special bow for Rümeysa, which they tried out a few days later. Mustafa touched the beloved woman gently. Rümeysa focused on the target, then the arrow drilled straight into the middle of the board. The sultana also fired the other arrows at the board. Mustafa smiled at her. The rays of the sun made their way through the leaves of the trees. Bird singing was heard everywhere.

"I wish these days would never end. It feels like they're tearing us apart again." Mustafa said.

"Don't be sad for a second, Sehzade! You will see me again. I will pray for you every day to return safe and sound. Here you go! This little piece of gravel brought good luck to my father for years as he fought in battles. My father thought this little pebble was blessed by Allah."

"I can not accept. It belongs to your father."

"It's yours! I want you to take this with you to the campaign. I'll wait for you." Rümeysa replied.

Rümeysa hugged the prince. A few tears rolled down his eyes. However, Mustafa was happy and drilled his face into her hair. At that moment, the prince did not want to let her go. The sun slowly set behind the mountains. They both returned to the palace with their escorts. As soon as Mustafa entered his apartment, Mahidevran was already waiting for him. The prince greeted his mother.

"My Mustafa! It's a pleasure to see you smile. May I ask what or rather who causes this happiness? Maybe Rümeysa, isn't it?" Mahidevran asked.

"Validem! Rümeysa is the source of my happiness. I need her."

"Son! Rümeysa can't be your wife. Remember, she is the sultan's guardian. The ruler would be angry if you revealed your feelings for the daughter of Pasha Murad."

"Rümeysa cannot be the wife of Rüstem. She is mine."

A few days later, it was time to say goodbye. Suleiman said goodbye to his family. Mahidevran also remains in the capital until his son returns from the campaign. Rümeysa said goodbye to the sultan and the prince. The time spent in Manisa seemed to have drifted into the past. Mustafa looked at the beloved woman once more and followed his father. Another period of uncertainty ensued. After two weeks, everything seemed to settle down. The harem was still maintained by Valide and kept in order. Hürrem and Mahidevran argued with each other again. Rümeysa and her two ladies were just going there.

"I am a real sultan. You a slave, Mahidevran!" Hürrem said.

"Hürrem Sultan! What right do you dare to speak like this to the mother of the heir to the throne? Go back to your apartment and deal more with your children." Rümeysa took Mahidevran in her defense.

"You can't talk to me like that." Hürrem replied.

"I have every right to it. I am the granddaughter of Sultan Safyie and the guardian daughter of Sultan Suleiman. Prince Mustafa was in charge of taking care of his mother. When I hear another insult you find yourself in a bag and find your ultimate tranquility in the Bosphorus. Now get back to your apartment."

Hürrem finally left. Mahidevran sighed in relief. She returned to her apartment in Rümeysa's company.

"You're getting in trouble, child!"

"Sultanim. The promise binds what I did to Mustafa before he left. Hürrem is afraid of me, which is only an advantage for us. This Crimean witch has gained many enemies. Including Valide and the prince. In the sultan's absence, she defends herself like a wounded savage. "

"Your thinking sometimes scares me."

"Don't be afraid of me, Sultanim. Everything I do is for your son. My prosperous father also swore to Mustafa. I just carry on with his legacy."