Chapter 4

"That's great that you got the job!!"
"Thank you; he said I have this week technically off, but I feel like there is so much to do, I can't really give myself a break," I said, defeated. "So, what was he like? Was he hot?!" Yao laughed. I felt my face turn red, and I shook my head. "No!!! I didn't get a good look; I think I might have been looking down most of the time," I laughed, scratching the back of my head. "He is also married, just so you know, and he is my boss, so that's not professional," I added seriously.

"Hmmm, fine.... I'll just look him up online. Aren't they super famous or something? What are their names?" He asked, confused. "Huh? Were you not listening to me the other day? The family is the Jones, and the husband is Francis bonnefoy!" I said, annoyed. His eyes widened from shock, and he looked speechless. "Huh!!! Why did you not say anything!!! They are the hottest people in the city," Yao said, shocked. I felt defeated and did not respond to him. "So you don't pay attention," I spoke, annoyed.

"Okay, okay, so when do you go in for work?" He asked. "Well, Thursday they are having this party, so Francis is taking me to a fitting on Wednesday," I spoke softly. Yao's eyes widened, and he looked excited. "Can I come?" He whined. "Ummmm... I don't think so; I think it is just work stuff," I answered.

"Huh? So you get to be alone with Francis?"
"Yes... we are both men, and it's just work, nothing deep."
"But Arthur! What if you fall hard?"
"Can you stop being dramatic?! You always get like this with anyone I'm with. Man or woman!!!"
"True..... but you have to date!"
"Not a married man!"
"That hasn't stopped anyone before!"
"I'm not a home wrecker!!!!"

I began to get flustered. "So you are saying that if he weren't, you would try?" He smirked at me. I refused to answer that question and continued doing my work.

Yao was a good friend that goes back a long time ago.  When we were in college, we were roommates and cared for all his siblings. Oh boy!!! He had a lot! I'm like their older brother now, which is amazing.  They are all grown up already now, finishing high school and college. They only visit once in a while, but seeing them is always lovely.

"Well, even though you can't marry a rich man, why not settle for a couple of dates?" Yao asked. I lifted my brow annoyed, and shook my head. "Again?! Huhhhhh, I'll go on one date, but I can't go anytime soon; it will be after next week," I spoke with a grin. "You so do have plenty of time!!!" He yelled. "From your point of view, I do, but from mine, I have a lot of reading to catch up on!"

"Do you want to go somewhere? Take a break? I'm bored!!!" Yao whined. I closed my book shut and looked at him pissed. He is always bothering me!!! I began to take a few breaths, and my face relaxed. "Fine! Where do you want to go?" I asked, annoyed. "How about that one cafe I like!" He smiled. I nodded at him and began to get up and get my coat. He got up as well and began to rush so we could go.

~
As we walked to the cafe, Yao began to talk once more. "Come on! How about this girl?! She is pretty cute," he smiled. He showed me pictures of girls on his phone from an account he made under my name on tinder. "I'm not sure, just pick whatever, I guess," I spoke unamused. "How about Ivan!!! You know him!" I looked at him, shocked at what he said. "Are you serious?!!!! That guy is scary!!" I said. My soul nearly left my body. I was about to shove him a little, but I.....

"Hey!! Watch it-......."
Coffee was all over me, but I didn't care. That was the least of my problems. I stood still in the middle of the sidewalk, and Yao looked at me, shocked. He took out a handkerchief and began to clean up my face. "Aye! Aren't you going to apologize?!" Yao said, and I immediately shut his mouth. For the person in front of us... Was my boss.

"Arthur! I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going!!" He spoke, shocked. "No, I'm sorry; I didn't mean to yell at you," I started. I was fired. "What's wrong, Arthur!?" Yao tried to snap me back. "Arthur, you aren't going to introduce us?" Francis smiled with a cheeky grin.

"Yao, this is my employer Francis, Francis, this is Yao..... there's nothing special," I spoke, nearly dead. "Hey!!!! That wasn't very nice!" Yao said, annoyed. "Francis, you must be a very busy man, but would you like to join us for tea?" Yao asked. My eyes widened, and I shot a death glare at Yao.

"I would love to!!!!!"
"Haha..... great....."
"Tea! Tea! Tea!" They both began to chant as we continued to walk. Francis sure does have a lot of energy for someone who is very important. We all continued to walk, and I felt defeated as we walked into the cafe. We all sat at a table and waited for a waiter to help us, but these fools were taking long. "So, what was Arthur like in college?" Francis asked. "Ahhh! He was such a nerd! Here I'll show you a picture of us!" Yao cheered.

My head shot to him, and I could see him pulling out his phone. "If you do that! I'll kill you," I whispered to him and put his phone away. "Awww! No fun!" Yao whined. The waitress soon arrived, and I looked at her as she arrived. "Please kill me," I begged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for reading so far!