Chapter 12

Waking up from my nap just caused a whole lot of pain in my head. I clenched my forehead in pain and tried to make it disappear, but it wouldn't. "Hey! You are awake! Just in time for food!" I heard his voice say. It was Francis... and he had an apron wrapped around his waist. "Oh thank you, I kind of have a headache" I spoke. He nodded and quickly rummaged through a bag, which had medicine inside of it.  "Here you go! Take some of this and drink this!" Francis spoke. He walked over to me and handed me the medicine along with a drink.

I began to sit up, and as soon as my feet hit the floor, I felt something in them. I looked down and lifted an eyebrow confused. "Oh! Yao put those there...." Francis smiled. I took off my sock, and onions were in there? Great! Now my feet smell like onions. "What a nice present" I laughed. I took the medicine and drink from Francis and he rushed back to the kitchen to serve me some food. "You didn't have to do all of this for me, I'm so sorry," I spoke.

"Oh, it's no trouble!!! I wanted to come for you! The thought of you suffering by yourself made me worried," he laughed nervously. Francis walked over to me and sat beside me, handing me the food. "Thank you so much," I smiled. No one's ever been so worried about me like this. If it were Yao, he would have left me in bed with the onions in my socks.

I began to eat the food, and my eyes widened. It tasted delicious! I kept eating and eating, and I wanted more. He made this just for me, and I was going to eat all of it. "Thank you! This is good" I smiled at him. Francis smiled happily and nodded, continuing to watch me eat.

Although we never spoke about what happened the other day... There was a part of me that wanted to bring it up right now. I looked over at him, and I could see that he turned away from me... what was wrong?

I should just ask him... "Hey.." I started. He looked towards me, and his face was red. "Yes?" He asked quietly. Should I bring it up? What would I even say?

"About the other day......"
"Y-yes..?"
"Were you trying to kiss me?" I tried to keep my head straight as I looked at him; I was still very tired.  His eyes widened as I said what I said, and he tried to avoid my eyes. "Why are you avoiding my eyes? Look at me!" I said. I put the food down and reached for his cheeks. "Arthur!.... You are sick and should rest!" He tried to say.

His avoiding it made me a little upset. "What's the deal? How am I supposed to take what you did? Is it friendly? Were you messing with me? Or was it..... romantic?..." I asked, confused. His face looked serious, and he began to sit up straight. "I'm not sure..." he began.

He wasn't sure? What does that even mean? "I see," I spoke. "I'm so sorry if I crossed the line," he added. I began to back away from him and sit down correctly. "It's no problem; I was just curious, I guess," I said.

Then... The room went silent. We just sat there together, and I continued to eat my food. I'm not going to lie and say I hated the silence. It was sort of comforting, and if I could imagine us doing this all the time together, it would be lovely. I looked outside the window and took a breath.

I turned my head back to Francis, and he was looking down at his feet. Grabbing onto his knees tightly. "What's wrong?" I asked.  "Arthur I-..." he started.

"Yes?"
"Well I-..."
"Yeah?"
"I'm sorry to say this but..."
"But..."
"I DON'T REGRET ALMOST KISSING YOU, ACTUALLY! I REGRET NOT KISSING YOU!" He turned to me and spoke seriously. My jaw dropped, and I felt my face get hot.

I had no words, and he could tell. Francis began to stand up and look down still. "Where are you going?" I asked. "I should probably get going..... also, for the next two or three sessions with my wife and me, I won't be there; I have a couple of meetings to attend the next three weeks, so it will just be Amelia and you," he said. "Oh, okay..." I whispered.

I began to stand up and follow behind him. "Well, I hope you have a safe night, and thank you again," I said. He wouldn't look at me at all; why was he hiding his face?

I think that if I were to see his face, I would probably get embarrassed too. "You can come over whenever you like! My place is open to you," I spoke to him. "Thank you so much," he answered. Francis began to get himself ready to leave and I stood behind him, ready to open and close the door.

A part of me wanted to ask him to stay, but I wasn't sure if he would want to. I wanted him to stay so badly, and I was starting to feel better. 

As he was leaving, I had no second thoughts when grabbing him. We both froze, and he slowly turned to me. Now I was able to see his face. It was extremely red! He looked like a strawberry! I looked away quickly and tried not to laugh. "WHAT IS SO FUNNY???" He said, annoyed.

I began to laugh and shake my head "nothing," I chuckled. "Well, then, let go of me," he said, looking down at my hand. My eyes widened and I held onto him tighter.

"No...."
"No?"
"Yes! No!!"
"What?"
"Stay with me tonight!" I finally yelled at him. I looked him in the eyes, and he was in shock. Francis quickly turned around and pulled me inside, closing the door behind us. He held me against the wall and began to hold me tightly. "You shouldn't have said that...." He whispered. Making my eyes grow.

~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far !!

More updates soon!