Chapter 18

I was running late for the meeting, but it was okay since I brought a new recorder! It was attached to my tie and wasn't very visible. It will be impossible for her to know.  I rushed down the hall where the room was located and quickly opened the door. Amelia was sitting at one end of the table and I stood there breathing heavily. "Sorry I'm late; I had forgotten something," I spoke out of breath. She looked toward me with a smile and shook her head. "Oh don't worry! I'm just glad you arrived," she said sweetly.

I really can't tell if this woman actually likes me or hates me. Like what if she is messing with me from jealousy of Francis? I have a slight feeling she might know Francis comes to see me often. I was going to deny everything of course but if she is just trying to take it out on me, that is just ridiculous.

I began to walk toward the other side of the table and away from her. She began to laugh and shake her head "why are you sitting so far away from me silly!" She laughed. I tensed up a bit as she walked over and sat beside me. "Much better," she cheered. Maybe I should think about quitting this job? She can't do anything if I were to quit. "I've chosen these routes for my draft," she began. I nodded at her and took the papers she handed me. "Great, then it will be best to start investing in these areas," I pointed to the paper.

She nodded and stopped talking. "Arthur...." She started slowly. I looked toward her slowly, and she had her head down. "Yes?" I asked confused. "I'm sorry for what I did to you and what I have been doing but I think I need your help," she explained. I lifted a brow confused about whether I should hear her out or not. "Thank you for the apology, but I don't think I can forgive you. You have been harassing me, and now you want my help with something that might make me uncomfortable?" I asked, annoyed.

"Just one more thing, please?" She asked. I looked up and began to roll my eyes. "What is it?" I asked curiously. I just wanted to know what she was planning. "I think that my husband ...... is in love with you!" She said loudly. My eyes widened, and my heart skipped a beat. I began to laugh and shake my head in response. "No! That's not possible," I tried to say. "However, I want to prove to you and myself..... after all... Just assuming isn't good, I have to get proof," she explained.

I have no idea where she was going with this, but I was too shocked to move. She moved my chair to face her, and I tried not to look at her face. "You have to help me... You see...." She started.

"I love you too... And I just found out that I'm pregnant," she finished. I froze faster and looked at her, shocked. "Oh, my....." I couldn't finish. A baby?

She's pregnant...

With Francis?

My heart shattered...... the thought of Francis having a family hurt me. I wasn't allowed to have anything with him..... yet, I think that I've been in love with him longer than I wanted to accept. Amelia kept talking, and I blocked her out.

I began to feel tears fall from my eyes..... the thought of him for real leaving me behind broke my heart. I was in love with him, and that was it....

"Why are you crying?" Amelia asked, placing a hand on my head. "I'm not sure...." I spoke softly. She began to trace her hands down my shoulders and to my tie. Amelia started to untie it and slowly take it off of me. "Arthur, as I said, I like you, and I want to be with you instead of Francis, and I think it would hurt him," she began to laugh.

I still didn't know what to do; there was too much going on that I was frozen. Amelia began to undo my buttons and kiss my neck, and I was an idiot and sat there. I should push her away, but I couldn't. I was so heartbroken..... everything inside of me gave up. I just wanted to go home and lay down.

Amelia grabbed my hand and forced me to grab her chest.... This was honestly the worst. At least the recording will work.......Crap!!! It was taken off of me!!! I'm so stupid!!! Hopefully, it catches something on the recording.

I looked over to my tie and looked back to the floor. I think I've given up. Yet I'm sure it was over when it started. Francis would never leave his wife for me.

I finally started to snap out of it!! I stood up! Basically, pushing her off of me, I began to gather my things. "I quit..." I said, angry. Her eyes widened, and she suddenly grabbed my things, throwing them on the floor. "What was that for!! You are the one touching me!" I said, angry. "You can't leave me!" She demanded.

Amelia pushed me to the ground and started to get on top of me. "What are you doing?!" I yelled. "How dare you quit!" She hissed. Amelia grabbed my hair and started to pull it. I wouldn't ever hit a woman, so I tried to defend myself as much as possible as she began hitting and pulling my hair.

She pushed my face away and began to unbutton my pants slowly. I grabbed her wrists and pulled her arms up so she would stop, but she continued trying to get out of my hold.

The door to the conference room opened up, and Francis walked in, shocked. The three of us looked at each other; he looked like he was processing the situation. I let go of Amelia, and she continued sitting beside me. This was a bad look.... My shirt was undone, and my hair was messy..... I had a couple of cuts on my face, and my pants were nearly down. "Francis! This is not-....." I tried to start, but he had already begun coming toward us.

He pushed her off of me and pulled me up.

Then suddenly started to pull me out of the room. We left Amelia behind, as shocked as ever. I was shocked too! Where was he going to take me? Was he angry?

~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far