The Candy Foundation

Summary: Scholarships and Halloween

Evie's Notes: Happy Thursday! I hope you all are having a wonderful week . Thank you so much your support of this story, it truly means the world to me 💜! I hope that you all enjoy the this new update 🌺.

----------------------------

"Welcome back everyone! Joy, we're glad that you could make it". Nina grinned viciously at the very ruffled girl who was currently tied up by one of Amber's scarves and propped up in the room's oversized bean bag chair. "I skimmed over the information in the first four documents and found one striking similarity. A scholarship"

"I mean yeah, we're all here on scholarship but so are you Nina".

"Exactly! The name of the scholarship all of us are under, including me and K.T., is called the Candy Scholarship".

"So?" drawled Jerome disinterestedly.

"Okay, what do you all call candy?" asked Nina.

"We call them Sweets," giggled Amber, only to freeze as she realized what Nina was hinting at.

"That's right, as in Mr. Sweet, the benefactor of each of us".

"Wait! Are you saying he brought us here deliberately? Why?" demanded Alfie.

"To answer that we need to look at your family trees. It turns out that each of us has a family history of Archeology. A history which is shared, as one of our great grandparents was a part of the Frobisher-Smythe excavation team" revealed Nina. She blew up the photo of the old photograph from one of the files and showed it to the gathered Sibunas.

"Right here is your great-grandmother Rosemary, Patricia. And to the right is Alfie's great-grandfather Wilfred. Robert is in the middle. On the other side is Joy's great-grandma Melinda and Jerome's great-grandfather Louis".

"This is insane," whispered Patricia, staring at the photo of her great-grandmother. "My family never speaks of Nana Rosemary as she ran away to Egypt and disgraced us".

"Same here, but my grandpappy made off with a bunch of money before dying in a duel," commented Jerome.

"MMMMMH" yelled Joy through the scarf gag Amber had fashioned.

"What was that?" asked Lili, pulling down the gag so the brunette could speak.

"I said, granny Melinda came back from that trip... different. Everyone said that she was crazy,since she was always raving about magic and curses. But given what we have seen, I'm inclined to believe her".

"Grandpa Wilfred never made it home from Egypt. It's crazy to think that we've all been gathered here like this. I guess the Society thought they hit the jackpot when they nabbed you Joy. The chosen one and a descendent of Robert's Archeological Party".

"Ugh, don't get me started on that" whined Joy, slumping as best she could in her scarf wrap.

"Given that it was you four who experienced the ghost hands and the chanting; it's a safe bet that these are the spirits that were communicating through you" pondered Lili.

"Exactly!" cheered Nina. "Now we just need to figure out what exactly it is they are saying. We have the chant to translate and the drawings to decode. Let's get to work!".

* Scent of Lavender * Scent of Lavender *

All Hallows Eve was one of Joy's favorite holidays. She loved being able to dress up and pretend for that night to be anyone but herself. Especially given her recent worries, Joy was more than ready to throw on a costume, dance till her feet hurt and drink till the sun came up. This plan was not recommended given that the students still had classes first thing Wednesday morning, Joy thought this to be a special torture designed by the professors to get back at the students. The impending 'torture' aside, Joy happily donned the last of her eye liner and admired herself in the full length mirror. Damn she looked good!