Burn It Down

Summary: The Sibunas prepare for midterms and discover another artifact.

Evie's Notes: Happy Sunday! I hope you all are having a wonderful week ! As always, thank you so much your support of this story, it really and truly means the world to me 💜! I hope that you all enjoy the this new update 🌺.

----------------------------------------

The Sibuna Club was curled up in Jerome and Alfie's room studying for their midterms Wednesday afternoon. They had just over a week until the winter holidays began and were anxious to finally have some uninterrupted sleuthing time, not that they actually went to class all that often these days anyways.

This year, only Mara and Mick would be going home for the break. Mara would be leaving Thursday night, as she did not have any Friday exams and Mick would be leaving on a plane to Australia first thing Saturday morning. Mick was looking forward to seeing his parents and hanging out with his five year old brother and sister Logan and Lindsey. Mara was actually excited to be going home for once, even though she would be stuck going to all her parent's parties and paraded around like a prized pig. That was because this year her older brother, who had finished at university last year, would be bringing his new girlfriend to meet the family. That meant that on top of meeting the girl who made her beloved brother so happy, the focus would be primarily off her and instead locked on Jacob and Hannah.

"So have you had any more thoughts about the lodge's heights?" asked Jerome as he idly played with one of Lili's golden curls and half heartedly worked his way through the final canto of Dante's Inferno.

Liliana and Amber were sprawled across Jerome's bed, Lili with her head in the aforementioned boy's lap, going over Art History flashcards.

"No," grumbled Patricia as she sprinkled green glitter over her and Alfie's business studies midterm poster board.

"What about the place of rest?" asked Amber, she snapped a hairband at Alfie and then played dumb when the boy looked around questioningly. Her act did little good since like most of her stuff, the hair tie was monogrammed and only one resident had the initials ALM. Alfie simply slipped the hair tie on his wrist and stuck his tongue out at his girlfriend.

"No" replied Fabian, he and Nina were pouring over one of Sarah's old journals and steadfastly ignoring their midterm work.

"Wait a second!" gasped Nina, her head shooting up and her eyes flashing gold. "I think I've got it!"

As a whole, each Sibuna dropped what they were doing and turned their attention to their leader.

"Where is the ultimate place of rest?" asked Nina.

"Uhhh, my bed?" answered Alfie, looking longingly at the comfy mattress which was currently piled high with their school bags and blazers.

"No, place of rest, rest in peace" explained Nina.

"The crypt!" exclaimed Liliana.

"Ugh! Not again. I hate that place" moaned Alfie

"Suck it up A-Dog, Sibuna calls," teased Jerome.

"We can go down tomorrow night," suggested Patricia. "Victor and Vera will be having drinks with Mr. Sweet. Eddie, Joy and KT are going into town to see a movie, so they won't be around to catch us. Mara never cares what we get up to and Mick has been hanging out with that one Isis girl more and more so he won't be a problem".

"Perfect. Tomorrow night it is then!" declared Nina with a satisfied grin. Her eyes flashed gold, sparking her followers' eyes to glitter in response.

* Scent of Lavender * Scent of Lavender *