Nothing Good Happens at 3 A.M.

Summary: The Sibunas search for the vault, Mara uses her new status to go after something she has wanted for a while, and Denby is clearly up to something.

Evie's Notes: Happy Sunday! I hope you all are having a wonderful week . Thank you so much your support of this story, it truly means the world to me 💜! I hope that you all enjoy the this new update 🌺.

---------------------------------------

Three A.M. was a time that no one in their right mind should ever see, so of course the Sibuna Club was very familiar with it. Creeping down the stairs to the kitchen, Amber met up with her friends by the bread oven.

"Why are you late?" snapped Nina. "I left you in the room five minutes ago"

"Sorry! I couldn't find my lucky sandals" apologized Amber.

"Neens, now that everyone is here, we had better just go on down and get started" suggested Fabian, laying a calming hand on his girlfriend's shoulder.

The group of seven crawled through the familiar secret tunnel down into the cellar. Shouldering open the wooden cabinet that blocked off the passage Alfie led the group into the main room. Jerome quickly passed out the flashlights to the team members.

"The map suggests that the hidden room is over near the furnace" remembered Patricia.

"And the clue says we need to dig deep" added Amber, following the redheaded girl over to the heater.

Lili and Alfie broke out the tape measure Lili had packed and began to measure the space to compare with the blueprint.

"I figure we can use Victor's furnace shovel to reach the room" suggested Jerome, shining his flashlight beam around the furnace. "Though it might be a good idea to grab extra shovels or trowels from Vera's greenhouse".

"We can go get some," volunteered Amber and Fabian.

"No, no, no guys. Don't bother" directed Nina, in a defeated tone. "The shovels won't do us any good" crouching down Nina rapped her knuckles against the flooring. "This is solid concrete, there's no way we're getting through without a jackhammer".

"Another dead end. So far, so Sibuna" snarked Patricia.

* Scent of Lavender * Scent of Lavender *

Summoning up all her courage, Mara prepared to finally shoot her shot. Despite everything that had happened last school year, Mara was sure that her and Jerome were meant to be together. Lili was nice, and Mara certainly didn't hate the girl, but she wasn't the right person for Jerome... that was Mara!

Her latest turn into good fortune was just what she needed in order to capture Jerome's attention. Afterall just the idea of money could get the boy's head spinning, last night being the perfect example. Her new title paired with their natural chemistry led her to calculate the odds of him dumping Liliana to be with her were 89%. She would be a fool not to take it!

Double checking that her hair was pinned perfectly in place, she took a deep breath and approached Jerome at his locker. "Hi Jerome!"

"Well, hello Lady Mara. What can I do for you today?"

"Well, I was thinking... given my newest status as a Lady. Maybe we should get dinner and hang out this Friday"

"Hmm? Yeah, that could be fun" agreed Jerome. "I guess that your new title gives you some fun new funds"

"You could say that," flirted Mara. To be honest she didn't quite know what would be included in her inheritance. "So how about it? You and me? Friday at seven? I'm thinking Magiannos, I've been craving some quality Italian".