Chapter 21: idk anymore

Brooke pov

"Hayes I said you wouldn't get me back and I meant it. You really hurt me. I loved you so much but clearly you didn't love me enough because you ruined it all. Were over. We can be friends." I said and smiled.

"Yeah whatever just get out I wanna be alone." he said and pointed to the door.

"Ok or we don't have to be friends." I said as I walked out. I walked down the stairs and saw ryan and nash hanging out.

"Oh hey brooke." ryan said and waved to me.

"Hi." I gave him a light fake smile.

"So what happened?" Nash said referring to me and hayes.

"He begged for me to crawl back to him but I turned him down. When we broke up I told him I wouldn't take him back and I meant it. I'll miss him like hell but he should of never done it."

"Oh. stay strong sweetie." nash said and embraced me in his arms.

"Thanks but I'm gonna go home now and cry my eyes out." I said.

"It will get better." ryan said.

I just smiled and walked out.

I regret not taking hayes back but I feel like it's the right thing to do.

I walked into my house and saw my mom was home watching tv on the couch.

"Hey honey." she said smiling.

"Hi." I said trying to force a smile back.

I layed down and put my head down on her lap and tears started pouring.

"Mom hayes b-b-broke up with m-me." I said in between sniffles.

"Awww honey what happened." my mom said while pausing the tv.

"Well he cheated on me. Well he said the girl kissed him first and he pushed her off and i believed him but I was still kind of distant because it is kind of hard to gain trust right after that. And he said being distant is like I'm not there at all and he said it wasn't working so we b-broke up." I said still crying.

She rubbed my hair with her hand.

"Honey it will get better trust me."

"He wanted me back but I said no. but I miss him so much mom. Like hell."

"I know sweet pea but you did the right thing it will get better i promise. now go get dressed and we will go out for some dinner."

I trudged up the stairs. I looked at my ruined make up in the mirror. I fixed up all my makeup. I put on a black bandeu with a black crop top and white and black Aztec shorts. I lotioned my legs and put on black sandals. I left my hair in the wavy waterfall braid. I walked downstairs and saw my mom.

"You look gorgeous. Now let's go to applebees." my mom said.

I got in the car and we drove to Applebee's. On the way I went on twitter. Everyone was asking if me and hayes were still together because we both deleted all our pictures on ig. So I decided to tweet.

@brookepaisley: @hayesgrier and i did break up so we are now both single but please respect both of our privacy. Love you guys 💞

As soon as I tweeted that I got a text from hayes.

Hayes: Really?! You had to tweet that. You could of asked me first.

Me: do you want me to lie to the fans? It involves me too soo.

Hayes: yeah but i don't want you to tell the fans that until it's final.

Me: it is final hayes.

Hayes: but i don't want it to be. Brooke I miss you like crazy. Breaking up with you was the biggest mistake. I love you.

Me: I love you too hayes. You know that but we just can't be together.

Hayes: brooke please..

Me: I'm sorry

After that he didn't respond. We walked into Applebee's. And guess who we got seated next to??? Hayes and nash. I looked at nash and waved and ignored hayes.

"I gotta go to the bathroom." I said.

I walked into the bathroom. DId the usual. Washed my hands. And walked out but I got grabbed and pulled into the boys bathroom. I turned around and saw the one and only hayes grier. He locked the door.

"What do you want hayes?" I asked.

"For us to be back together. I miss you brooke." he said almost crying.

"I miss you too hayes but we fight too much." I said.

"Brooke please. We won't fight as much. We will be good. All couples fight. I love you. These days without you have been miserable please. I miss you so much."

Truth is was I miss hayes too. A lot.

I walked over to him stood right in front of him. I put my hand on his soft cheek and rubbed his cheek.

"I love you too babe." I said and smashed my lips to his.

Out lips moved in sync and I felt so right. After about 2 minutes we released. Hayes formed a smile on his face and I did too.

"So does that mean were back together?" Hayes said.

"Of course sweets. I've missed you." I said as he embraced me in a long tight hug. He kissed my forehead.

"Now let's go before nash and your mom wonder where were at." I smiled and pecked his lips just one more time.

"I've missed those lips." I said and he smiled.

We both walked back to our tables. My mom smirked.

"Are you two love birds back together?" She asked.

"Yeah we are. It was too hard being away from him when I love him so much." I said and she smiled.

"Now that's true love. hayes, nash why don't you join us?" My mom asked.

I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"In fact I'll let you three eat alone I'll pick you guys up later. Spend some time together." my mom said and I mouthed "thank you"

Nash agreed to go with my mom so it was just me and hayes.

"I've missed you so much baby girl." he said and I smiled.

"I've missed you more hot stuff." we then shared a kiss.

"So what do we do now? you tweeted that we broke up like literally five minutes ago.." hayes said.

"Oh right. one sec." I said.

I got my phone and opened twitter.

@brookepaisley: hey guys.. I know this is probably really confusing for you guys but me and @hayesgrier are back together. I know I just tweeted like five minutes ago saying we broke up but we were broken up for way longer before I tweeted. please don't hate we will explain later tonight on younow. love you guys so much !!

Hayes phone vibrated because I mentioned him. after he read it he looked up at me and smiled.

"I love you so much brooke paisley." He winked.

"I love you more hayes grier." I winked back.

"Impossible."

I just giggled and scrunched my nose.
I am so happy to have him back in my life. But did I make a mistake?

______
What do you guys think? Mistake or nahhhh?