The Proposal

Mark's POV

This week has gone by so fast. It's already Monday and I'm still nervous. The girls have been calming me down, saying there's no need to worry, you know she'll say yes. On the other hand the guys aren't helping at all. They keep saying don't mess this up or we're all praying she says yes. Which doesn't really help. I've also been dropping little hints towards Witney but I can tell she doesn't notice. Which is fine, I really just need her to notice tonight.

" You nervous? " I heard Derek say and stand next to me.
" Not really. " I lied.

" Hey Mark! Don't tell me you forgot I was coming. " I heard someone in a southern accent say. Me and Derek turned around to see Sadie standing on the other side of the room.
" Sadie! " I yelled and ran over to her. " I'm so glad you came. " I said hugging her.
" I wasn't gonna miss you proposing to Witney. " she said quietly.

" 10 minutes till show time! " We heard somebody yell.

" Well I'm gonna go sit down and you get ready. " she said hugging me again and walking away.
I leaned against the wall and said " I hope this works. " I stick my hand in my pocket. " SHIT!! "

Witney's POV

Mark was calm for a day, then he was nervous for the rest of the week. I was just walking towards him and he ran away. He didn't even look at me and he ran away. This is really starting to scare me. I saw Emma by the mirrors and ran over to her.
" Hey Wit. " she said when I was next to her.
" Hey. Have you seen Mark? " I said quickly.

Emma's POV

" Yah he was just ... nevermind. " I said looking over at the wall and seeing no Mark. " He was just over there. " I said pointing at the wall.
" Yah I know. I was just walking over to talk to him and he ran away. " Witney said getting worried.
" I'm sure everything's finnnnnnneeee " I said looking back towards the wall seeing Derek and Val furiously pointing at their ring fingers and mouthing 'problem, problem'.
" I think your right. Well I'm gonna go to the stage. " she said walking away.

" Ok bye. " I said and when she was out of sight, I ran towards Derek and Val. " What's wrong! " I asked them.
" Come on! " Derek said grabbing my hand and running towards the hall. I saw the rest of the pros and troupe all standing around talking, then I saw Mark panicking and pacing back and forth.
" What the hell is going on? " I asked them.
" Mark here, lost the ring. " Val said pointing at Mark.
" I didn't lose it, it disappeared! " He said getting defensive. " It was in my jacket pocket yesterday when I left and when I checked it a few minutes ago, it wasn't there. " he said panicking again.
"Ok, ok. Are you sure that's the last place you saw it? " I asked him, stopping him from moving.
" Yes that's the only ... " he said.
Then we heard Lindsay yell " What's going on? " getting everyone's attention.
" I can't find the ring. " Mark said.
" And the show starts in 5 minutes. " I said.
" And I don't remember ... " He said then Lindsay started laughing.
" Why are you laughing. I can't propose without the ring. " he said freaking out.

Mark's POV

" Mark, Mark calm down. " Lindsay said.
" No I can't we have 5 minutes before I propose and I can't find the ring. " I said getting loud.
" No calm down cause I have the ring. " she said showing me it. " I had the costume designers clean it. " she said handing it to me.
" Huh! Thank you, thank you, thank you! " I said taking the ring and kissing her on the cheek.
Then we heard someone say 1 minutes till show time and we all ran to the stage. When we got to the stage Witney was already standing there waiting for us.
" Hey baby. " I said kissing her on the cheek.
" Hey I know this isn't the best time but can we talk? " She said seriously.
" Yah what's up? " I said confused.
" Is everything ok between us because I'm starting to think that it isn't? " She said looking down at her hands.
" Yes. Why would anything be wrong? " I said kind of scared.
" Cause ... " She said.

" 10 seconds! " The director yelled.

" Witney come here. " I said and kissed her. " You have nothing to worry about, you'll see. " I said and got into my starting position.

The lights go dim and it's time to put the plan into action.

Witney's POV

This week has really been confusing. But hearing Mark say I had nothing to worry about, then getting to dance with him right after, not to mention to his song, made it a whole lot better.

{...}

As we stood in the final post I just smiled at the audience, not even knowing what was going on behind me. The crowd gets even louder, then Tom says " Witney look down. " and points at Mark. I look down to see Mark on one knee and a ring in his hand. I gasped and looked around the room. I see my parents and they look more excited then me. I look back at Mark and start tearing up.
" Witney " he said still out of breath from the dance. I nod quickly. " Will you marry me? " He says.
I nod rapidly, jump up and down squealing and say " Yes, yes!! ".

Mark's POV

" Yes, yes!! " She said. She put the ring on quickly, helped me stand up and kissed me passionately. I threw my fist in the air, cause I couldn't yell yes, and the entire studio got even louder.

" Well that's a good way to start off the show? Huh? " Tom asked Erin.
" The perfect way. " she said laughed.

When we pulled away, both Sadie and Alfonso ran over to us. Witney got really excited when she saw Sadie and they both screamed and hugged each other. " That was even better than you said it would be. " Alfonso said hugging me.
" Thanks man. " I said and went to hug Witney.

The next thing I see is everyone running over and hugging us.

" Can we start the show now? " Tom asked us.
" Yes! " We all said and ran backstage to get our partners.

{...}

" Told you there was nothing wrong. " I said walking up behind Witney.
" Geez babe! You scared me half to death! " she said punching me in the arm.
" Hey! But you still love me right? " I said wrapping my arms around her waist.
" More than anything. " she said and kissed me. Next thing we hear ...

" Hey lovebirds! Can you save that for later cause Witney your up next. " Tom yelled up at us.
We pulled away and started laughing. Then she said " I'm coming, I'm coming! " And ran down the stairs.

This was the best idea I've ever had! Other than the destroying Witney's almost wedding, of course.