Telling The Parents

Mark's POV

Yesterday was fun seeing everybody excited to find out Witney's pregnant. Now let's just hope mainly her parents are as excited as everyone else.

Luckily both of our families are in town this week. So we called them and decided to have dinner.

" Witney you ready? " I said walking into our bedroom.
" Yah. " she said looking down at her phone.
" What are you doing? " I said walking up to her.
" Uh I'm making an appointment , so we know my due date. " she said sighing.
" That's great. Why do you sound unhappy about it though? " I asked her.
" What if they get mad? " She said putting her phone on the dresser and looking at a me.
" If who gets mad? " I asked her, know who she was talking about.
" You know exactly who I'm talking about. " she said.
" I know. I really don't think they'll be mad. They'll most likely be happy that we waited until after we got married to have a baby. " I said.
" That's true. I just wish it was easier to tell them. " she said hugging me.
" Yah me too. Probably the thing that's gonna be easy to tell them is when you go into labor. " I said and she lightly punched my stomach. " hey it true though. " I said.
" I know I'm just nervous. " she said pulling away from the hug.
" I am too. But we can get thur this together. Now come on let's go. " I said wrapping my arm around her shoulder and walked towards the door.

Witney's POV

We got to the restaurant on time for once. We walked in and our parents were already sitting talking about something.

I stopped at the door and just looked at them. Mark noticed me staring, grabbed my hand and lightly squeezed it. We walked over to the table, hugged everyone and sat down.

We sat and talked for a while and half way thur the dinner I was done. " Can we tell them now? " I whispered to Mark.
" Yah if you want to. " he said back and I nodded. He put his fork down and cleared his throat. " uh we have a surprise for you guys. " he said and they got quiet. " babe you want to tell them? " He said looking at me.
" Sure. " I said nervously. " uh we're having a baby. " I said quickly.
Both our parents frozen in place for a few seconds until my dad said " Finally! " and dropped his fork.
Me and Mark looked at each other and said " what? " in unison.
" I've been hoping for this day since you got married. " he said.
" We all have. " Shirley said.
" Wait your not mad? " I said.
" Oh honey we couldn't be happier for you two! " My mom said.

I looked over at Mark and he had a stunned look on his face. Then the blank stare turned into a huge smile.

That went so much better than I thought it would.

We said our goodbyes and got hugs. When we got back to the house, we just plopped down on the couch.
" That went so much better than expected. " Mark said.
" Yah it did. " I said.
" So what do we do now? " He said turning on the tv.
" Well since we have 3 extra rooms in the house we could pick where the nursery is gonna be. " I said.
" Ok but when are we gonna tell the public that your pregnant? " He said.
" How bout we don't tell them and make them figure it out by themselfs? " I said throwing my heels into the middle of the room.
" What do you mean? " He asked confused.
" I mean in about 2 or 3 months I'll start showing. " I said.
" Yah. " he said.
" Well when I start showing people will start the rumor that I am and then the first interview that asks us we say yes. " I said.
" Oh I get. " he said.

This is going to be a long 2 or 3 months.
**********************************

Like I said sorry it took so long but here you go! And sorry it's kind of short. 😬