College Oh Boy

"Oh my gosh! Look at this place! I feel smarter already. Oh Ron, can you smell it?"

"Yeah, smells like four thousand dollars a year."

"Oh hey, cheapo." I laughed at their banter as I got around to the front of the car.

"Hey, go ahead. We'll, uh, we'll get your stuff. Just go ahead and check out your room." Ron told Sam.

"Yeah, go." Judy agreed.

"Sam! May I come with you?" I asked him.

"Yeah, sure. One question though: is my roommate someone weird?" He asked. I laughed. He groaned. "No.."

"Sorry, Sam." I wasn't sorry, not one bit.

---------------------------------------------------
We walked down the hall cramped with students before making it to Sam's room. Leo was there hanging posters.

"Hey." Sam greeted him while I leaned against the door frame.

"Hey. You must be Sam, right? I'm Leo. And who's this?" He asked when he spotted me.

"Someone that will kick your aft if you touch her." I warned him. He blinked before looking back at Sam.

"So, I already set up the crib a bit. You want this side or that side?"

"Um, that side." He pointed toward the side that didn't have the posters.

"I already chose that side." Yet, Leo had that side already. They stared at each other before Sam spoke.

"You know what this is? This is the awkward moment. Yeah, see, you're trying to see if I'm a normal guy. I'm trying to see if you're a normal guy. Balanced, unmedicated, nothing under the crawl space." Here they go...

"Good personal hygiene, won't stab me in my sleep." Leo.

"No criminal record, won't steal anything." Sam.

"Including girlfriends." Leo.

"Especially girlfriends." Sam.

"You got a girlfriend?" Leo. He glanced at me as he asked.

"I do. You?" Sam asked.

"No, not a chance. So she your girlfriend?" Leo pointed at me.

"What? No, a friend." I smiled, glad he considered me a friend and not 'the girl that knows things she shouldn't'.

"Ah." He nodded before glancing at me again. I glared. "So, you a techie?" He asked Sam.

Sam tilt his head in a 'kinda' motion.

"Sweet! Sharksky, Fassbinder, where we at?" Leo clapped his hands before walking out of the room with Sam behind him. I followed.

"Server's almost online, Leo." Sharksky, I'm guessing, I never cared to remember their names.

"Network's up and running." The other guy, Flassbinder said.

"Beautiful, that's what I like to hear. That's Sharsky, that's Fassbinder, my IT gurus. Welcome to my empire, bro, The-Real-Effing-Deal-dot-com. That's me, I'm sure you've heard of it." Leo asked us.

"No, I haven't." Sam answered. I just shook my head, seeing as I'll just play along. I saw the other boys look at me but with a glare from me they went back to work. Thank goodness.

"Well, that sucks." Shar said.

"What is all this for?" Sam asked looking around while I leaned against the door frame. Is it me, or have I been leaning a lot?