-~𝟛~-

(CHAPTER 3)

The train was as expected, lavish, the carpet was a deep blue, the tables were wood and so clean you could eat of them

Sasha directed them to seats though she had said they had full range of the compartment. She asked them to want as she grabbed both Brutus and enobaria.

Hera ignored cato as best as she could and by that she looked completely away avoiding the temptation to look into his pricing eyes. If there was one thing she didn't want to do, it was to become friendly with him, her father's words of don't trust anyone and I planted itself in her brain.

her hands fiddled in her lap, they were clammy due to her anxiety. She dried them off on her dress and looked up as the compartment door opened of its own accord allowing the two victors and now mentors through.

They sat themselves in the two chairs opposite the duo. "Before we begin our mentoring we think it would be wise to watch the playback of the reaping," Brutus sounded exactly as you think he would, his voice was deep and had the think district 2 twang.

Hera didn't trust her voice at the moment so she nodded agreeing.

A screen to left lit up with the seal of Panem. Hera watched intently wanting to note any potential threats.

She of course started with the tribute from 1 as of course like 2 they were trained for the event.

She watched herself, volunteer, for the young girl, Jenna if she remembered correctly. Than cato volunteered and offer the shake of hands it moved on to the next district.

For some unknown reason she noted the redhead from five, the girl was small and skinny but there was something about the smirk on her face that caused some unease for hera.

Her heart broke when a twelve-year-old girl was chosen from district 11 she had the normal dark skin of 11 and deep brown eyes that were pouring with tears. Their escort had asked for volunteers but no one stepped forward.

The male tribute from 11 was the complete opposite, he was tall and well built. He had probably spent his time hailing bags of corn and other things they grew in 11.

The cameras cut to district 12 the last and poorest district in Panem. Her heart broke for a second time when another twelve-year-old was chosen. she was the same height and size as the girl from 11 but her hair was blond and in two braids.

Her shirt was unticked out of the back of her skirt giving the impression of a duck something that made her smile. She cursed the capital, who had taken the lives of so many young people.

The boy from 12 was nothing special tall and blond he was muscled but not mear as much as cato or thresh. He smiled sympathetically at the young girl seemingly the two knew each other.

The screen returned to the panel seal them turned off. Brutus and enobaria turned to the teens.

"So as you can see there are a few people of interest this year" enobaria crossed her legs and smiled her pointed teeth that she had altered after her games when she flipped out most of her victim's throats.