-~𝟝~-

(CHAPTER 5)

sleep didn't come easy, but she never expected it to, she managed three hours before the loud banging began

sleep didn't come easy, but she never expected it to, she managed three hours before the loud banging began. Sasha wasn't one for tardiness so she expected the two to be up at the crack of dawn. training wasn't until twelve but being early was certainly a good thing in the game maker's eyes.

breakfast was when Brutus and enobaria would talk training strategy, so naturally curious hera got up dressed in the clothes placed in the chair with a note from Othello and took her place at the table making sure not to look at cato who was matching her.

"We want you to spend as much time with the weapons you are the best at, this should show the game makers what exactly to leave you in the arena, after three days you will show them your talents, int the private sessions, we want you to show something you already know with something you learned " Brutus was serious his usual funny tone he used in the academy was gone the Acadamy was childsplay no one really got hurt, now in the games, there wasn't that safety line.

"so cato be sure to show your talent with a sword, and hera use those machetes like there's no tomorrow"enobaria was slightly more cheerful it was odd because there was nothing cheerful about enobaria her teeth sent chills down anyone's spine, all one had to do was anger her and she'd rip their throats out.

hera broke her fast on toast she had had bread before but toast was slightly different, it was bread but crisper, she smothered it in a berry spread that was rich in tardiness, in the capital they called it jam, she filled her peculiar shaped glass with orange juice, something she was familiar with but it was rarely seen in her household only on special occasions.

Sasha insisted on escorting them to the training center, despite the pleas of the two not to, she blabbed about appearances and how punctuality was the secret to success but hera wasn't listening, and cato wasn't either.

when they arrived trainers pinned numbers to their back, both cato and hera had number two since they were from district two, they were the first to arrive but they weren't surprised they were half an hour early.

training wasn't going to start until the last two tributes showed up so the two had to wait, " what you going to do first" cato asked, she searched through the different stalls of skills, there was everything from sword work and hand to hand combat to edible plants and berries, she thought about telling him but she wanted to keep her knowledge a secret she knew Cato would ween out her knowledge and use what she learned against her.

"Um I don't know" she was a horrible liar and cato could see right through her, she hated the fact that she was an open book.

"Why don't you trust me" his usual intimidating eyes softened and made him look five years younger. She tried to picture it five years ago. She had just started the academy.

She didn't know then that she would excel at weaponry. She just remembered lining up after school, her clothes were fresh and stiff with starch, she was wearing a white shirt and a pleated skirt, proper school attire.