-~𝟡~-

(CHAPTER 9)

Even though her interview was finished the knot in her stomach was still tied as cato took the seat beside Cesar

Cato could ruin her picture with one word if he wanted and she could do nothing this is where he could take every sponsor from her.

The light glinted off his metallic jacket the blue color contrasting with his blond hair. "Welcome cato how is the capital treating you"

Cato made himself comfortable mirroring cesars sitting position." the capital is amazing but I'm proud to say I haven't got lost yet" he sent a dazzling smile out to the audience.

"So cato you obviously are well trained do you feel that there's anybody you need to watch out for" cato frowned in confusion, his act was to be cocky and full of himself.

"No, I think that there's no one compared to me, to fight in the hunger games is an honor and I plan to bring that honor back to 2 and back to my family" wow yeah what an honor right killing kids is so honorable.

"Cato you'd say you're a good-looking guy right" hear rolled her eyes, she wondered If the mentors gave cease a list of characteristics that we're going to act as because each question seemed to give cato a chance to be a self-absorbed prick.

Cato pointed to himself" id say I'm not too bad" Cesar chuckled patting Cato's shoulder "so a handsome guy must have a sweetheart back at home"

For one spit second cato panicked he had not expected that Cesar was known to make their interviews easier well he had just made Cato's considerably worse.

"Uh no, I'm usually too busy to for a girlfriend " it came off cool but here could tell by his voice he lying, well not lying but not telling the total truth either.

"I don't believe that you must have someone back home" Cato didn't blush but beta could tell that he was torn On what to say.

"Well I've had a crush on this girl forever but I pretended to hate her because I knew that if I went on and died I wasn't going to affect her life" a subtle pink color settled on his cheekbones.

"An might we get this lady's name" it's clove. clove and cato were close family friends, they thing out because they were threatening I never joined them because I hated cato.

I'd talk to clove sure and we pared do sports activities and presentations in school but she didn't show much interest in the topic of cato or boys, to be honest.

"Hera, " the grows gasped and hera's face turned red. Not out of embarrassment but out of anger, she had built hers up to be this strong character to be a contender to help one of the twelve-year-old wins because they had as much right to live than any in the capital even more.

Cato had taken all that work and chosen to chop it up like he would a dummy with a sword. she wanted to punch him but that would look ridiculous on live tv so she restrained herself. Her newly polished names dug into her palms it grounded her, pain made her realize that anything she did had repercussions.