One - いち

"Hello, little one! Hello, hello! Good morning! How are you today?" the cheerful voice echoed from above. Little Y/N was born a few weeks ago, and still was figuring out the world. She lived a peaceful little life on the coast of Japan, The L/N family made a living selling fish they caught on the shores. Y/N grew up in a rural area, only traveling to the mountainous areas with her father to buy charcoal from a boy named Kamado Tanjiro. She always hung out with that boy, even though Tanjiro was 4 years younger than her.

Her father often made her train with a katana, though they were a family of fishermen. She would spar her father and other men from the city and usually beat them. She had a strange way of breathing, they said.

Y/N also was deep into the musical world. Her mind often strayed from the fish in the ocean to the notes on the staff. She sang on the streets and people would give her loads of money for the talent that she possessed. Her voice was like an angel's, they said. She was humble, though. She was often trying to hide her voice because she thought she was flaunting.

When Y/N turned fifteen, she went to a large, bustling marketplace to gather some goods for her birthday. When she returned, a large muscular man with flashy jewelry headpieces was standing just outside her wrecked home. His silver hair was tied up and his eyes were a bright fuschia. There was a red dot pattern around his right eye. The stench of blood wafted out the door. Y/N gagged.

Three beautiful women were standing beside him. The one on the left looked pretty feisty. Her hair was tied up in a short ponytail and she had yellow bangs that framed her face. Her eyes were a beautiful golden-brown. The one on the left was very slender. She had long black hair tied up in a high ponytail. Her eyes were a light lavender. The one in the middle had long and messy black hair. She had light blue eyes and short bangs. All three of them were wearing clothes that showed off their curves.

Y/N ran up to him and grabbed her sword from the shed beside her house. She pointed the sharp tip at the man. He only smiled.

"How flamboyant! Makio, Suma, Hinatsuru, should we take her in? She deserves it! She already uses Total Concentration, Constant! Incredible!" he said loudly, talking to the three women beside him.

"If you want to, then we should, Tengen-sama!" the woman with a high ponytail said.

"I strongly agree with Hinatsuru!" the woman with blond tips said. She had a feisty, determined expression on her face.

"I-if they agree, then I agree too!" the trembling woman with blue eyes squeaked. The man, probably 'Tengen-sama,' nodded.

"Hey, kid! What's your name?" he asked Y/N.

"L/N Y/N." she replied.

"Alright! Flamboyant name! Basically, your family got murdered by a demon."

"WHAT?" Y/N screamed, looking inside her house only to find a pile of destroyed corpses. The tatami mats were stained with her family's blood. Y/N had a horrified look on her face. Tears were spilling out of her eyes.

"Yep... I know. Don't worry, though, there is this thing called the "Demon Slayer Corps," where we literally just slay demons for no profit. Wanna join?" he said. Y/N stared at him, and his three female sidekicks just bowed, maybe ashamed of him. Y/N struggled to form words, edging her sword closer and closer to the man's neck. Tengen sighed.

"Alright, you've had a long day. By the way, happy birthday."

That was the last thing Y/N heard before collapsing on the sandy ground, her sword falling beside her.

She woke up a day later in a comfortable bed. Her sword was perched on a sword rack, along with some kunai knives and a set of huge nunchuck-like swords connected by a chain at the end. The woman with the long ponytail was sitting beside her bed, looking worried.

"Are you alright, L/N-san?" she asked. Y/N squinted, nodding her head slowly. The woman smiled.

"Good. I'm Hinatsuru, one of Tengen-sama's wives. He's a Hashira in the Demon Slayer Corps, and we all agreed that you should become his Tsugoku. Basically, he will train you to be a Demon Slayer. The Hashira are a group of the highest-ranking Demon Slayers in the Corps. He is the Sound Hashira, he uses Sound Breathing. Well, sorry for the information overload. He will explain."

"Wait, what?"

"Ha, don't worry about it... yet."

Y/N got out of bed quickly and searched for Tengen. Hinatsuru followed her. He was outside, waiting for her.

"Oh, you woke up? Huh, that was flamboyantly quick! I suppose it's all thanks to Total Concentration. Anyways, hi! I suppose I haven't fully introduced myself yet. I'm Tengen Uzui, the Sound Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps. You're lucky to be trained by a Hashira such as myself. I deemed you talented enough to be trained by yours truly. Come on, go grab your sword."

The next few months, Y/N learned about the Demon Slayers, demons, Muzan Kibutsuji, and breathing techniques and forms. She began using a technique she calls 'Music Breathing,' since Tengen said she had a thing for music, and she did.

"Y/N-chan! I have a surprise for you!" Tengen suddenly came running up to Y/N. She was in the courtyard, sparring with his three wives. She got along with them, so much that they were like four sisters.

"What is it, Uzui-san?" she asked, deflecting the kunai thrown at her with her training sword.

"Well, first of all... happy 18th birthday!" He called for his muscular mice, who came running up to Y/N's feet holding a medium-sized jewelry box. She bent down and opened it, and inside was an ivory ribbon with light blue ends. In the middle of the bow, there was a golden whole note.

"...It's so pretty! Where did you find this?" she asked, clutching it in her hands.

"Well, I got this one guy that Suma-chan knows to ask this other guy to deliver this from this one woman that lives in the West. It wasn't that hard."

"That sounds like a lot of trouble, but thank you anyways!" Y/N jumped up and hugged Tengen. He laughed.

"One more thing... you got a spot in Final Selection... you can finally become an official Demon Slayer. What do you think?" he asked. Y/N dropped her sword, and a kunai almost stabbed her in the face. Thankfully, Suma was distracted by Tengen when she threw it, or she wouldn't have missed.

"Seriously?!?" Y/N yelled, and ran to get her actual sword from the mansion. Tengen scratched the back of his neck.

"Was that too quick? He asked his wives. They all nodded.

Y/N grabbed her newly made Nichirin sword and tied her hair in a high ponytail. She tied the ribbon to her hair tightly and wrapped her light purple haori around her small body. She went outside and waved goodbye to Tengen and his wives. The three women ran up to Y/N and hugged her tightly, begging her to come back alive.

"Please!!! DON'T LET US DOWN, Y/N-CHAN!" they cried. She laughed.

"I promise I'll come back, alright?" she reassured them. They smiled and let her go. "Bye, Makio, Suma, Hinatsuru! Bye, Uzui-san!"