Twelve - じゅうに

"Rengoku-san, you're ready to start rehabilitation training now. I feel like you're healed enough," Shinobu told him. Kyojuro sat up in bed, looking quite annoyed.

"Actually, I'm still a donut, so I'll pass..." he said, and laid back down.

"Being injured made you lazy, along with Y/N's babying. It's time you get out of bed. You haven't moved for four months, including the time you were unconscious. So you're going to get up. Come on," Shinobu said sternly, giving no regards to Kyojuro's status.

"Maybe I will... if Y/N-chan makes me more sweet potatoes..." he yawned.

"Umi-chan! Get your lazy boyfriend's ass out of bed, will you? Don't make him more sweet potatoes, we're running out!" she called. Y/N peeked into the room.

"Kyojuro-kun! I'll make you sweet potatoes if you train first! Pleeease?" she said sweetly. Kyojuro glared at Shinobu, who smirked.

"...Yes, Y/N-chan," he said to her. Y/N smiled and helped him out of bed.

"Oh, by the way, Rengoku-san, you're not a donut. You weren't a donut a month ago, because you ate the sweet potatoes. You wouldn't eat the sweet potatoes if there was a giant hole in your stomach, right?" Shinobu told him.

Kyojuro smiled tiredly. "True, Kocho-san. Alright, let's do this."

The three Hashira walked to the large open room where rehabilitation training was held. Kiyo, Sumi, Naho, the three little girls, and Aoi, were waiting there. Aoi bowed.

"Rengoku-sama. A pleasure to meet you. It seems that you are doing better. First, we will get you limber, since you have been bedridden for... how long? Four months? Yeah, that seems right. Alright, lie down here..."

The three girls stretched out Kyojuro like a rubber band. He looked at Y/N with pleading eyes and looked like he was holding back tears.

"I-I know this isn't supposed to hurt, but-" Kiyo stepped on... one particular part of his body and he squeaked like a mouse.

"OW! Why? Why must I suffer?!" he cried. Y/N held back her laughter.

Next, Kyojuro went to the reflex training station. He did have some really good reflexes, but after four months of laying in bed, Y/M doubted he still had it in him. Shinobu sat down across from him. On the table in between the two Hashira, there were ten cups of tea.

"I'll explain the rules. You have to splash your opponent with a cup of tea. If you grab a cup and your opponent blocks your hand, you cannot lift that cup. The opponent will then splash you and you will have been defeated. Does that make sense?" Shinobu said. Kyojuro nodded, determined.

"Alright, let us begin!"

Aoi raised her hand and called, "Go!" Shinobu grabbed a cup at lightning speed and splashed Kyojuro before he could react. His face was dripping wet with the aromatic tea, and Y/N burst out laughing. Kyojuro pouted.

"Rematch!" he yelled. Aoi replaced the cups of tea.

"Go!"

Once again, Shinobu was speedier than Kyojuro and made him double wet.

"Y/N-chan, why don't you face him? It seems I'm too difficult to beat!" the Insect Hashira said in a light voice. Kyojuro pshed and brushed off the extra tea. The liquid made his hair go down, so he looked like he had bangs. Y/M sat down across from him and Aoi replaced the tea.

"Go!"

This time, Kyojuro was ready. He grabbed a cup, and before Umi could block his hand, he threw the tea on her face. She spluttered and wiped her face with a napkin. The Flame Hashira laughed in triumph.