Nine - きゅう

"COMIN' THROUGH!"

A faint sound echoed through the train. Y/N looked around. It got louder, so Tanjiro could hear it too.

"COMIN' THROUGH!"

The sound of heavy footsteps got louder and louder as it approached the two Demon Slayers. Suddenly, it stopped. Y/N couldn't hear anything else, then a loud thump startled both of them. A large dent was created right in front of where they were standing. Another thump. The dent grew larger, then Inosuke burst through the ceiling of the train with his swords drawn yelling, "EXPLOSIVE AWAKENING!" He landed in front of Saito and Tanjiro, who were both sweating nervously.

"Lord Inosuke awaiting your service! I was correct, the train is a demon! Look down there! Disgusting!" He pointed to the hole he created with his sword. Y/N peeked in and immediately withdrew, making a disgusted face.

"Ewww! Tanjiro, don't look!" she warned. Tanjiro looked anyway.

"Huh. Must be the guts," Tanjiro said, without a single hint of disgust in his voice. Y/N was so confused. Even Inosuke was disgusted, and he's Inosuke. 

"Hey, how did you wake up? Y/N asked the boar-headed man.

"Well, all of us just suddenly woke up. Everyone woke up at the same time. It was so weird."

"So, Kyojuro's awake?" she asked in desperation.

"Who's that?"

"Rengoku."

"Who's that?"

"Googly Eyes."

"Oh, that guy who keeps eating."

"Yes. So, is he awake?"

"Yeah."

Y/N forgot about the 'the inside of the train are the guts of the demon' thing and jumped inside. She listened closely and heard Kyojuro's sound at the end of the train. She ran through each car and saw Kyojuro looking incredibly happy.

"L/N-san! Is this really what happened? Wow, I'm so ashamed of myself!" he said happily. He unleashed the first form of Flame Breathing.

"I wish I could crawl into a hole-"

The flames reached through many cars, burning away the demon's insides-

"and die!"

Y/N's jaw dropped. Kyojuro turned around.

"What?"

"What do you mean 'what?'"

"I said that I wanted to crawl into a hole and die."

"Don't do that."

"For your sake."

"KYAAAAAA!!! FOR ME? YOU'RE SO SWEET, KYOJURO-KUN!" Y/N danced around in the infested train. Kyojuro blushed lightly, but turned away so she wouldn't see.

"Come on, let's go help the others," he said.

"ALRIGHT! ANYTHING FOR YOU!"

The two Hashira ran towards the other Demon Slayers. They came across Zenitsu and Nezuko first. It looked like Zenitsu never woke up. He was fighting with his eyes closed. Umi may have better hearing, but even she can't do that. Zenitsu and Nezuko were fending off the fleshy tentacles that were growing all around them. 

"Are you guys okay here?" Y/N called, slashing at a tentacle.

"Mmmph!" Nezuko grunted, and cut a flesh growth with her extra-sharp nails.

"I will protect Nezuko!" Zenitsu says unconsciously. Y/N smiled.

"Alright, we'll leave you to the first and second car. Kyojuro-kun, do you think you can handle the five cars in the back?" she asked. He nodded confidently.

"Okay, I'll go check on Tanjiro-kun and Inosuke-kun. Don't die on me!"

"Good luck, Y/N-chan- sorry, L/N-san." Kyojuro dashed away in the blink of an eye before Y/N could say anything.

'Y/N-chan?' she thought. 'No time dwelling on it now.'

Y/N jumped through the roof, creating a third hole. She saw Tanjiro and Inosuke at the engine near the coal, conversing. Well, more like Tanjiro was trying to tell Inosuke the plan and Inosuke was yelling at him.

"Monjiro! I'm the boss around here, not you! Shut up and let me call the shots!"

"Okay, call the shots!"

"I slash the flesh, you slash the neck!"

"Okay!"

Y/N was pretty sure that that's what Tanjiro just said before she got there.

"You two! Do you need any help here?" she asked, jumping down to the base of the neck.

Tanjiro yelled, "L/N-san! Don't go down there! That's where the-"

His sentence was cut off by tentacles capturing Y/N and holding her over twenty feet in the air. Tanjiro quickly cut the base of the flesh, but it easily regenerated. Y/N was mostly grossed out by the flesh contact, but she also couldn't slice at anything with her sword since her arms were rendered immobile.

"Dammit, if a Hashira was captured, then how are we supposed to get to the neck?" Inosuke yelled, stomping his foot on the coal. Y/N rolled her eyes.

'I'm not captured yet, kid!" she shouted, and threw her sword down to the ground. "Music Breathing, Sixth Form- Percussion!"

The shock wave sliced through the air and cut through the flesh in a ten-foot radius. Y/N landed next to her sword and held it.

"Good job," she said to it. "Now, all that's left to do is to cut the neck, right?"

There was a mound of flesh covering the area where the backbone was. Inosuke and Tanjiro jumped down, but as they were falling, giant tentacles of flesh covered with eyes rose up from the mound. Each eyes was engraved the the kanji for dream (夢). It created a giant bowl shape around the three Demon Slayers with the weak spot in the middle. Tanjiro fell unconscious every time an eye looked at him. Inosuke, however, had his head completely covered by his boar head and the eyes couldn't tell where he was looking. Tanjiro closed his eyes and they both fell. Inosuke unleashed a Beast Breathing Form and sliced a lot of eyes on the way down.

"Beast Breathing, Second Fang- Slice!" he yelled, tearing apart the flesh that covered the backbone. Tanjiro inhaled and fire appeared around his sword.

"Hinokami Kagura, Tenth Form- Fire Wheel!" he yelled, beheading Enmu once and for all.